AWD + Manual or Nothing. Back me up people

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

No.
I gotta bum hip......
murcod

I would have been tempted to buy the AWD model if there was a manual option; in a way, I'm glad there isn't!
David
BM-Power

murcod wrote:I would have been tempted to buy the AWD model if there was a manual option; in a way, I'm glad there isn't!
+1

I would have bought the AWD version only if there was a manual option.
BMW E46 330i SMG
Suzuki Kizashi 6MT
murcod

I guess my view would be different if I lived where it snowed - or if the engine had another 50kW/ 100Nm.....
David
KuroNekko

I was hoping for an AWD with manual too when I started looking at the Kizashi for a new car. I was rather disappointed when I learned it wasn't offered with a manual.
As a previous owner of a Subaru, I fell in love with AWD for its winter traction and also for the added grip in curvy roads.
No AWD and manual together may turn some people off and have them get a Subaru. Subaru also offers an AWD and 6MT PLUS a turbo, but after researching the Kizashi, I personally got over the fact that the car was not offered in AWD and 6MT. The other benefits to the Kizashi simply outweighed it.
I figured I could live without the AWD as I no longer live in the mountains of California. The winters are rather mild in Maryland/Washington, DC and my FWD Mazda served me rather well. In addition, AWD systems typically cost 2 MPGs, plus add several hundred pounds in weight. AWD just wasn't necessary for me anymore.
The talk of having AWD when you don't need it reminds me of the Japanese man I bought my Impreza from years ago. I told him I would need it for the snow, but he owned the car in sunny Orange County, CA where the AWD was never needed for him. He referred to it with a saying in Japanese that translates to this: The treasure you hold that just rots in your hands.
It basically expresses how you can have something of value, but if you don't use it, it's just a waste. Considering the added weight and MPG cost of AWD, it applies to me. I know the Kizashi allows you to turn off the AWD, but I've read reviews where testers claimed it made no difference.
I am actually thinking of only having summer tires once I move back to California. Not even all season tires make much sense out there.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)