Close Encounter - of the couch kind

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
ragmopp01

A couple of weeks ago we were heading to the airport to catch a flight for our vacation. Just a few miles from my place a couch fell off of the back of a pickup. I swerved to avoid, but alas, not quite enough. I tagged the couch with the left front of the Kizashi thereby damaging the front bumper, headlight assembly, front fender, and left front door, not to mention the left mirror departed company with the car.

Pulled over inspected damage (owner of the truck kept going, I ASSUME he didn't notice his couch was gone), said a few choice words, and drove back to the house to switch to my truck. As we would be late for our flight, I just notified the insurance and told them we would deal with it when we got back.

Got back last weekend, so on Monday contacted insurance and they told me to go to the adjusters office and get a estimate. Which we did. Came out to about $3500.

Now this is the interesting part. After reading some of the posts here I was expecting a very long wait for the parts to show up. However, much to my surprise the adjuster at the body shop called yesterday and said to bring it in next Monday as all the parts would be there. Shocked, and very surprised. All I hope now is that the car will be like it was as driving my truck is no fun whatsoever.
Karasu

That is a pitty. Since the other driver fled, did you have to pay the insurance premium?
ragmopp01

Well whether he fled or didn't know it was gone who knows... It is covered under my comprehensive and on my policy that is $250. I can deal with that, but not driving the car is another story. Again, I am thankful that the parts were easily found.
coref1

It's probably the same in the US as in Aus in that Mechanics and Smash repairers use part finding services who know where to source parts quickly. Just make sure the parts they use are of acceptable quality.
Hope you get your Kizashi back soon so you can enjoy it again. I took mine on a 400+ klm journey last Saturday which reminded me how much fun they are too drive.
11zukizashi

[youtube][/youtube]
The sofa strikes back!
ragmopp01

:lol:

I forgot about that ad. So appropriate. And to think I laughed when I saw the ad the first time.
ragmopp01

Got the car back last night. The body shop did a great job, I am very pleased. Especially as getting the parts didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Boy, did I miss the car. I like my truck and all and I sure couldn't pull my RV with the Kizashi, but what a difference. Now I have to wait a few weeks b4 waxing and getting the 3M paint film reapplied. Gotta make sure I stay away from gravel trucks till then...