Kizashi Roof Safety....

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Hawkzilla

Weird, it was my understanding that Kizashi got 5 stars on everything but roll-over, in which it received 4 stars... which I was okay with. I will say it seems it would be extremely difficult to roll that car as good as it handles.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
Senegal

that's correct but this is the first time the car is being tested by IIHS.

I expect that if the car is tested by IIHS in other areas it would get the 5 stars too.

I wonder how roll over is tested, I felt like I would roll over much easier in 2010 Legacy than Kizashi when I drove both.

Regardless, I think IIHS tests roof strength by direct pressure where as the government's safety agency does the roll-over testing instead.
Hawkzilla

Direct pressure testing seems kind of pointless to me... unless you plan on accidentally driving into a trash compactor.

I really like the rear side air bags. I have my daughter back there and it's a nice reassurance.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
Senegal

yep, those rear side air bags are a huge +

I wonder why the car has driver's knee air bag in Europe and not here? is it required there?

but then again, they pay a much higher prices for their cars, so may be they deserve a little more stuff.
NJKizashi

I Plan on keeping the Rubber Side Down....This is test is No biggie 8-)
Moto
Site Admin

I'll wait for a real rollover test.. Unless you are unlucky enough ramp the car into a flip this really shouldn't matter. I would be more interested to see what percentage of car accidents result in a rollover were that kind of pressure is attained.

The roof of the car would have to hit the ground at 3.9 G which works out to be about the same force as it takes to stop from 88MPH in 1 second. Unfortunately car accidents can take a lot less than a second. (Either way you would probably be dead from the G force acting on your body) I'm missing some math, and I don't really feel like figuring it out right now. It is safe to say that it should take a significant impact to induce that kind of force.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it is probably a fairly rare event as far as car crashes go.