FYI: RRM rear sway bar on sale for $199

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
LPSISRL

Would you pay $250 with free shipping? I'd look at the net cost rather than that parts and shipping broken out.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
red rider

KurroNekko, if the sway bar's selling for $199, it's a steal. I purchased one for my 2011 SLS AWD in March, 2012 for $239.00 plus tax, UPS, for a total of $288.17 and I live in Calif. As far as whether it's a worthwhile investment, that depends on what you value and how much it's worth to you. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had done a track day at Infineon raceway and I was able to keep up in the corners with all the high powered cars running that day but they pulled away in the straightaways. I value handling over anything else. I have since ordered a strut brace so needless to say my car turns very flatly, almost go kart like. I have not had the opportunity to see how much the sway bar and strut brace would affect handling on the track. Here in NO Ca there's alot of canyon roads and placing it manual mode and ripping through the turns is such a rush. The only issue that I would mention when installing it you want to remove the wheels to have good access to the mounting bolts and apply some lithium spray grease to the bar links and mounting points every oil change to minimize squeaking. Otherwise, let er rip.
murcod

KurroNekko, there's no logical reason why the swaybar change will have any noticeable effect on the ride. That's the whole idea of them, they limit body roll without the harshness of firmer springs. My old RS Clio 182 Cup was very forgiving over bumps (once I changed from 205/45R16 tyres to 205/50R15)- believe me there are plenty of bumpy twisty roads near where I live. The Kizashi is a lot better in the same hills with the new bar.

Here's an extract from an article on the subject:
How to Prevent Body Roll

By definition, body roll only occurs when one side of the suspension is compressed (moves into jounce), while the other extends (moves into rebound). Therefore, we can limit body roll by making it harder for the driver-side and passenger-side suspensions to move in opposite directions.

One fairly obvious method to achieve this is through the use of stiffer springs. After all, a stiffer spring will compress less than a softer spring when subjected to an equal amount of force. And less compression of the suspension on the outside edge will result in less body roll.

However, stiffer springs require the use of stronger dampers (struts or shock absorbers) and have an immediate and substantial effect on ride quality. So, even though handling is improved, they may not be the easiest or most cost-effective way to achieve the objective of reducing body roll.

For many enthusiasts, the use of anti-roll bars—also known as anti-sway bars, roll bars, stabilizer bars or sway bars—provides a more cost-effective reduction in body roll with minimal negative impacts upon ride quality.
http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/lean-less/

If you like a vehicle that handles nicely and predictably when pushed, then buy it. You can always on sell it later on - when they're no longer available new they will get picked up very quickly secondhand. ;)
David
Firefly

I wonder if the bar resolves the loose feeling in the rear over certain rough curves. That's the only sensation with this car that annoys me. I have an SLS.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
bootymac

UPS didn't deliver the bar today despite what the tracking stated :roll:
Woodie

KuroNekko wrote:Anyhow, I'm still mulling this over. $50 for shipping is rather high, I feel. It's like 1/4 of the price of the product just to ship it. Maybe you Aussies are used to it, but I am not. Even for shipping cross-country (RRM is in California), I consider this rather high and I buy car parts all the time for the VW bus I am restoring. However, I may give in given most of you rave on about this rear sway bar.
I ordered one, supposed to be here next week, I'll probably be putting it on next Sunday. If you want to come by and take a look, I'm cool with that.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Peer pressure wins. I lose. I am ordering one.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KuroNekko

murcod wrote:KurroNekko, there's no logical reason why the swaybar change will have any noticeable effect on the ride. That's the whole idea of them, they limit body roll without the harshness of firmer springs. My old RS Clio 182 Cup was very forgiving over bumps (once I changed from 205/45R16 tyres to 205/50R15)- believe me there are plenty of bumpy twisty roads near where I live. The Kizashi is a lot better in the same hills with the new bar.
Oh, I never meant the bar would decrease the comfort/ride quality of the car. I was talking about handling vs. comfort on cars like hot hatches vs. sports sedans.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:Peer pressure wins. I lose. I am ordering one.
ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
Wonson92

bootymac wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:Peer pressure wins. I lose. I am ordering one.
ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
:lol:
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat