FYI: RRM rear sway bar on sale for $199

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
murcod

You might want to check that the boot isn't supposed to be totally sealed. You might have torn the seal by rotating it - hence the grease escaping?
David
KuroNekko

murcod wrote:You might want to check that the boot isn't supposed to be totally sealed. You might have torn the seal by rotating it - hence the grease escaping?
I will check, but these boots don't look like ends with very tight seals around them. With pressure, the grease will come out as the boot ends are not even clamped. They are not like CV boots with clamps on the ends. Regardless, I'm going to check everything in a few days. If I can tighten the bolt against rotating (assuming it's not already tight) with the 5mm Allen head, then that would be great.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

I think they're sealed during the manufacturing process and so don't need clamps? You shouldn't have any grease escaping - that means water and grit can gain entry and chew the joint out.
David
Woodie

No, the boot is not sealed in any way other than just being a snug fit around the diameter of the stud. And the stud turns freely. Sometimes you get lucky and the stud is locked to the bar or bracket by stiction, but if there's much resistance in the threads between the nut and the stud, then it's going to quickly break the stiction and you get a free spinning mess. This allen wrench setup is a very inelegant solution, it's almost impossible to get good angles while holding the allen wrench firmly down in the socket. It's mych nicer to have wrench flats on the side where the boot is, but it takes up more room, things have to be a bit bigger.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:No, the boot is not sealed in any way other than just being a snug fit around the diameter of the stud. And the stud turns freely. Sometimes you get lucky and the stud is locked to the bar or bracket by stiction, but if there's much resistance in the threads between the nut and the stud, then it's going to quickly break the stiction and you get a free spinning mess. This allen wrench setup is a very inelegant solution, it's almost impossible to get good angles while holding the allen wrench firmly down in the socket. It's mych nicer to have wrench flats on the side where the boot is, but it takes up more room, things have to be a bit bigger.
This was exactly the same observation I had. They are not sealed tightly at all and the bolt spins rather easily which explains why it features a 5mm Allen hole to keep it in place to tighten the nut. Glad to confirm I did not have some defective part.
KuroNekko

Now confirming that the car handles sharper. I actually have to get used to it as it turns sharper and faster than before in the curves.
red rider

Told you.
murcod

This might be of use to people changing the rear bar. Taken from the manual hosted by Avluis.
Rear Stabiliser bar R&I.pdf
(324.08 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
David
Kazuki

Soo... I guess you can say I was 'sway'ed by this thread to buy one! Haha! It shipped out today and I'm looking forward to installing!
2011 SE AWD -Deep Sea Blue Metallic- Build date 9/10
2016 Scion iA -Sapphire- Build date 12/15
ImageImage
bootymac

You'll love it! I'm still very happy with mine. It's how the Kizashi should have handled from the factory