What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
DesRado

Agreed. Very nice pictures.

Kuro, when do you plan to do that? I haven't been to the BRP (in the fall) or Skyline Drive at all.
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

KuroNekko

DesRado wrote:Agreed. Very nice pictures.

Kuro, when do you plan to do that? I haven't been to the BRP (in the fall) or Skyline Drive at all.
Not sure yet but the leaves aren't changing yet in my area so probably a bit later in the Fall.
Skyline Drive is basically through a national park so there is a $20 entrance fee and the speed limit is 35 MPH. BRP connects to it to the south and is free with a speed limit of 45 MPH in most areas. I drove nearly the entire BRP in VA twice last fall so I'll probably only make a trip to Skyline Drive this year. Skyline Drive is also closer to DC and MD.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
DesRado

Yeah, the leaves aren't changed here yet in central VA either. I did manage to drive the BRP last year and finished it up earlier this year because the last 50 miles were closed because it was still wintery. Saw all of 3 police the whole 1k mile round trip. Was very pleasant drive.
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

wobki

I love skyline and BRP. i hate the speed limit though. Its better to go around november/december cos there isnt a whole lot of people (or cops) and you can turn up the speed a bit. also, up in that area there are lots of mountain roads to bomb around on, and if you go out to bluemont VA there are a TON of great roads too.
golftango

I was browsing some older NH photos and remember I used this shot before. This is Sept 09, then 302 had fresh asphalt.

2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
n8dogg

I did my 60k service. It crept up on me fast too, did 15k in the last 6 months alone! Anyways, did the engine and cabin air filters using Chinese El Cheapos from Rock Auto. I felt cheap doing it, but side by side with other branded filters (most likely made in China as well) and I cant tell the difference. Engine and transfer oil changes. Used Amsoil oil and filter for the engine, Mobil 1 synthetic for the transfer case. As far as the Amsoil, I'm not too partial to brands, but my father in law is a distributor for them, he's trying to sell me on the brand by giving me the first change on him, I've since been ordering their product using his cost. Ordered NGK IX plugs. Haven't changed brake fluid yet. 60k seems kind of premature for plugs and brake fluid to me, for normal driving conditions anyway. But its under warranty and that's what's in the manual, so I'll do it...that and I do still love this car so I really don't mind doing it that much at all! Gives me a chance to take a look underneath for other issues. To top it all off, replaced the wiper blades. Can't seem to find anything to work as well as the originals, they wear funny, don't wipe evenly across the whole blade or are just plain noisy after a short while. Got Bosch Icons this time. Seemed spendy to me, but I'm trying to find something that works well. So far, they follow the curve of the windshield well and wipe good. No chatter or streaking yet, but time will tell how long that will last.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
n8dogg

...and rotated the tires. The Hankook VENTUS S1 NOBLE2 tires still ride nice but are showing very noticeable wear at only 26,000. Not sure that I'll make it to 40k let alone the 50k rating! Might have to replace them this winter.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
kconklin33

Changed pads all the way around, took less than an hour thankfully. Also popped the bumper cover off and replaced both H7 low beam bulbs. She's running good now, just hit 62k miles and am thinking about a cvt flush and cabin filter change. Any other recommendations?

Should note I may or may not be leaving the community... Just got an offer for a bug eye wrx that has all paperwork including a complete top end rebuilt and a 6 speed sti trans swap, vf39 turbo, and other sti goodies.
KuroNekko

kconklin33 wrote:Changed pads all the way around, took less than an hour thankfully. Also popped the bumper cover off and replaced both H7 low beam bulbs. She's running good now, just hit 62k miles and am thinking about a cvt flush and cabin filter change. Any other recommendations?
I'd replace the spark plugs. I'm coming up to 60k soon too and already have my NGK Iridium IX plugs ready for then. The OE spark plugs are rated to go around 90k, but you'll restore peak performance by changing them sooner. In fact, that's kind of the point of the IX series from NGK. They were aimed at the enthusiast who wanted iridium plugs, but preferred to change them out more frequently than OE-grade iridiums which are more designed for a longer service duration than maintaining peak performance. IX have a lifespan of around 50k.
kconklin33 wrote: Should note I may or may not be leaving the community... Just got an offer for a bug eye wrx that has all paperwork including a complete top end rebuilt and a 6 speed sti trans swap, vf39 turbo, and other sti goodies.
Sounds awesome, but be careful. Buying someone else's heavily modded car can often lead to a heap full of issues, especially when they are older models like the bug eye WRX which are the first gen for the USDM. Generally speaking, one should approach a used WRX or Evo very carefully given these cars are often modded a lot by owners who aren't exactly keen on doing it the best way or keeping the car in optimal condition.
KuroNekko

Sound like a lot of people were busy with their 60k service, me included. While not exactly quite there (57k), I changed my oil today and changed out my manual transmission fluid as well. Oil and filter choices were Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 and a K&N HP-1003 oil filter. No odd start-up noises with this combo.
The manual transmission was serviced with Red Line MTL this time. I had Red Line MT-90 in there for around 35~40k miles. It came out looking rather clean, but shifting has improved with the new fluid which is lighter than MT-90 and in spec to Suzuki's recommended weight for the MT fluid.
With the fluid combo change, the Kizashi is running noticeably smoother with the engine and transmission feeling like they're better connected, if you will. It's always nice to have fresh synthetics in.

I also finally got around to installing my LED kit for the DRL/high beams. I'll dedicate an entire thread to that in a few days, especially after I get some more test drives in and on-the-road photos.

I also installed a new dash camera. I gave my old one to my girlfriend who recently purchased a used car and insisted that she had one too for these crazy DC drivers. The new dash camera is similar to the previous Ojocam Cam Pro I had but it's a generic no-brand of a newer model series with better resolution, improved night recording, etc.

Still need to rotate tires.