What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Sachin

Hi...Getting 2012 Manual Model at 3 lacs...Will it be a wise decision to go for it ...2nd owner 68000 Km..And any imp things to check kindly guide
Woodie

Welcome Sachin !

Most important thing to check is that it has a clutch pedal, you seem to have that under control. If it's right hand drive there was a problem with the clutch pedal box cracking.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
SAEED_KIZZY

pressure wash and engine bay cleaning:
hi, the car running great so far with no complaints, but today I decided to wash the engine bay with a pressure washer I covered the PCM and alternator with plastic cover and pressure washed the engine then soapy water spray and cleaning Here some pictures before:
photo_2023-09-06_14-43-37.jpg
photo_2023-09-06_14-44-19.jpg
photo_2023-09-06_14-44-26.jpg
photo_2023-09-06_14-44-33.jpg
photo_2023-09-06_14-44-37.jpg
after

[/attachment]
photo_2023-09-06_14-44-56.jpg
photo_2023-09-06_14-45-06.jpg
photo_2023-09-06_14-45-10.jpg
photo_2023-09-06_14-45-14.jpg
photo_2023-09-06_14-45-21.jpg
photo_2023-09-06_14-45-26.jpg
photo_2023-09-06_14-45-30.jpg
Klaa$vaaK

I have installed a towbar! I had a hard time to get a oem cable but I manage to het one from Switzerland. And yes, I live very far from Switzerland

I have contacted all of Europe and finally found one. And it was the last in stock. And then the garage didn't want to ship abroad. So I looked for someone in Switzerland and he gave it to someone who brought it back to me.

But I have tested the lights and everything works great.

I have a question, I had to cut out the bumper. Does anyone has a Kizashi with a towbar without cutting the Rear bumper? Or a off factory towbar?

Regards KlaasvaaK
Rusty CA

Hi folks! One week ago, we took possession of a 2011 STS 6MT in PA and drove it to our home in Monterey County for a coast-to-coast adventure. The car was amazing and really the only issue was a reduced A/C (no big) and it needs wiper blades. Otherwise, WOW. We are absolutely amazed that this car with 100K has virtually no wear and now this unicorn is on the west coast. We NEVER see these here and love the car. Bought it because we only have EV's now and wanted a super bulletproof but odd car to travel now that we are retired. Is there a book about this car? Should be!
Woodie

Welcome Rusty CA !
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

Klaa$vaaK wrote:I have installed a towbar! I had a hard time to get a oem cable but I manage to het one from Switzerland. And yes, I live very far from Switzerland

I have contacted all of Europe and finally found one. And it was the last in stock. And then the garage didn't want to ship abroad. So I looked for someone in Switzerland and he gave it to someone who brought it back to me.

I have a question, I had to cut out the bumper. Does anyone has a Kizashi with a towbar without cutting the Rear bumper? Or a off factory towbar?

Regards KlaasvaaK
I have had 2 Kizashi’s that have had a hitch assembly bolted on . Both cars purchased that way. I can’t really recommend any towing be done with a cvt but the Nissan Rogue using the same internals and offers a tow package from the factory with probably 1/2 of the cooling of the Kizashi. I’d at least want my primary modified with pins before any towing. No cutting of the bumper cover was required for either one of the Kizashi‘s here is a picture of the one still remaining here. Sorry I didn’t weed whack around it as it’s been setting for quite some time.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Klaa$vaaK

old tech wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:05 pm
Klaa$vaaK wrote:I have installed a towbar! I had a hard time to get a oem cable but I manage to het one from Switzerland. And yes, I live very far from Switzerland

Regards KlaasvaaK
I have had 2 Kizashi’s that have had a hitch assembly bolted on . Both cars purchased that way. I can’t really recommend any towing be done with a cvt but the Nissan Rogue using the same internals and offers a tow package from the factory with probably 1/2 of the cooling of the Kizashi. I’d at least want my primary modified with pins before any towing. No cutting of the bumper cover was required for either one of the Kizashi‘s here is a picture of the one still remaining here. Sorry I didn’t weed whack around it as it’s been setting for quite some time.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was hoping that a removable towbar would come out like that. But it doesn’t 🙈

About the CVT I hear different voices. Here in Europe the Subaru Forrester is a “real” trailer car and has a CVT. Now I am going to tow a 1600kg trailer on vacation so its incidental beeing used for towing. But if I had to tow almost every time I would buy a pickup 😬.

Regards Klaasvaak
NickL

As much as i like my Kizashi, after 3 years of almost troublefree ownership and really enjoying every single ride I had with the car, I am more and more thinking about selling my vehicle and buying something else.

Regardless of how good I try to maintain my car and how reliable is Kizashi most of the time, I can not runaway from fact that the car is getting older and every day is having more and more miles. Saying so, there is every and each day possibility that something in car start mailfunctioning, which is actually not a problem cause it happens with every car sooner or later. The real Problem is actually the struggle to find replacement parts which is becoming more and more challenging for a car that is not being produced almost 10 years and that is rare as a Unicorn.

For example, I have a front parking Sensor that is not working since April this year. No matter how hard i tried all these months, I haven"t been able to find replacement part for reasonable price. Suzuki wants from me 500 Euros to replace such a small and almost unimportant part and for a car that is almost 12 years old it seems like a unlogical move to me. From other side, every single time I start the car I am getting this warning on my screen that one PUC is not working and it stays there all the time. It starts to piss me off.

I wonder what will happen when some other maybe more important parts of the car start to fail and how difficult will be to find parts? As much as i love my Kizashi, the way it looks and rides, I just need a descent car that does the work for me and that i don't have to spend my free time searching all over the internet for the parts that are almos impossible to find.

Slowly but surely, i think that Kizzy and I willl part our ways in the Future...
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
KuroNekko

NickL wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:31 am As much as i like my Kizashi, after 3 years of almost troublefree ownership and really enjoying every single ride I had with the car, I am more and more thinking about selling my vehicle and buying something else.

Regardless of how good I try to maintain my car and how reliable is Kizashi most of the time, I can not runaway from fact that the car is getting older and every day is having more and more miles. Saying so, there is every and each day possibility that something in car start mailfunctioning, which is actually not a problem cause it happens with every car sooner or later. The real Problem is actually the struggle to find replacement parts which is becoming more and more challenging for a car that is not being produced almost 10 years and that is rare as a Unicorn.

For example, I have a front parking Sensor that is not working since April this year. No matter how hard i tried all these months, I haven"t been able to find replacement part for reasonable price. Suzuki wants from me 500 Euros to replace such a small and almost unimportant part and for a car that is almost 12 years old it seems like a unlogical move to me. From other side, every single time I start the car I am getting this warning on my screen that one PUC is not working and it stays there all the time. It starts to piss me off.

I wonder what will happen when some other maybe more important parts of the car start to fail and how difficult will be to find parts? As much as i love my Kizashi, the way it looks and rides, I just need a descent car that does the work for me and that i don't have to spend my free time searching all over the internet for the parts that are almos impossible to find.

Slowly but surely, i think that Kizzy and I willl part our ways in the Future...
I share a lot of your sentiments. I love my Kizashi and have owned it for 11 years but I also worry about replacement parts. While the Kizashi is reliable and runs mostly on maintenance, some inevitable powertrain issues are of concern. We all know CVT models are problematic in high mileage and without a trusty and knowledgeable mechanic, can be a headache to deal with. For manuals, the clutch disc is extremely hard to find, having some resort to the smaller clutch of the SX4. For daily drivers of the Kizashi like myself, it doesn't exactly spell confidence in long-term ownership even if the car is fine right now.

That being said, I like the car a lot and have a hard time letting it go for anything else currently available. I won't let go of it for another used car and nothing new quite fits exactly what I'm looking for. However, there are some models planned for production in the near future that are closer to what I'm looking for. When that time comes, it only makes sense to part with the Kizashi, especially as a daily driver.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)