What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
golftango

Ronzuki wrote:
golftango wrote: Is this something they could have stressed/broke with the aforementioned work?
Center carrier bearing? For what major assembly? Does one of the axle shafts have a center carrier and bearing between the output and the wheel hub? If so yeah, they could have damaged it during the R&R process. Had a perfectly good CV joint boot torn once by a monkey that was too lazy to tie the lose shaft end up, as opposed to letting it dangle, so as to not to over flex it.

One of the center crank bearings inside the engine? If that's what it is, did they "inject" the problem? Other than all the bearing caps are accessible when the pans off, I don't see how replacing a pan seal would cause a center crank bearing to start making noise.

I know the translation can get lost sometimes between what foreigners call parts in their descriptions that show up in parts diagrams and what we refer to them as here in the states. The term you used sounds to me more like a mid drive shaft hanger bearing term. The Kiz's rear driveshaft is pretty long, don't know if it has a mid carrier and bearing though. I don't see how that would have been affected by the work they did.
What was ordered was a damper, number 4 on this:

It will be installed Tue, I'll report back if this solved the issue.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Speed_Racer

Walked to my work lot and found my car had made some friends.

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
LPSISRL

The nose on this car is so bad looking. It's got a scowl to it I love.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
golftango

Hmm, what did I to today? How about I took out both my left tires and scraped my wheels on a curb hidden under leaves. Ugh.

However when waiting for the flatbed I got curious. I decided to see if the photo transmitter was there or if it was a dummy cap. It's there (sure it has to be as part of the auto HVAC!)

So I ordered a used auto headlamp stalk from eBay ($21) and I'm hoping the auto headlamps are plug & play like the cruise was.
KuroNekko

golftango wrote:Hmm, what did I to today? How about I took out both my left tires and scraped my wheels on a curb hidden under leaves. Ugh.
I am certain you are the unluckiest Kizashi owner here.

However, I did something like that years ago on snow. I was driving around on an unplowed parking lot to test out the snow traction. The snow was at least 5 inches deep. I accidentally got too close to the edge of the lot and ran over the cement parking blocks that were completely covered by the snow. I basically high-centered the car for a second as I drove over it. It dented the cross-member, tore up my flex pipe's mesh cover, and cracked some of the plastic under-shields. Fortunately, nothing was damaged to a point of being a problem.

While you certainly need new tires, at least you drive a FWD. The tires look rather new so maybe you can just get two new ones and put them on the front axle while rotating the current two good tires to the rear axle?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
golftango

KuroNekko wrote:
golftango wrote:Hmm, what did I to today? How about I took out both my left tires and scraped my wheels on a curb hidden under leaves. Ugh.
I am certain you are the unluckiest Kizashi owner here.

However, I did something like that years ago on snow. I was driving around on an unplowed parking lot to test out the snow traction. The snow was at least 5 inches deep. I accidentally got too close to the edge of the lot and ran over the cement parking blocks that were completely covered by the snow. I basically high-centered the car for a second as I drove over it. It dented the cross-member, tore up my flex pipe's mesh cover, and cracked some of the plastic under-shields. Fortunately, nothing was damaged to a point of being a problem.

While you certainly need new tires, at least you drive a FWD. The tires look rather new so maybe you can just get two new ones and put them on the front axle while rotating the current two good tires to the rear axle?
Yeah my luck has not been good with the Kizashi. :(. Still love it though. All of my bad luck has been chalked up to bad drivers, stupid mistakes (said post) and an incompetent dealer.

I have about 15K on those tires, so they still have plenty of tread. I did just what you said and mounted the new ones to the front and old ones to the back. The only issue is that Douglas no longer makes the Performance GT-H, they are now just "performance". Still V rated and appear to have nicer tread. I may just bite the bullet and get two more new ones as they are only $67 each so I can have new shoes all around.

And I highly recommend these tires. They are cheap for the 17" size, quiet and grippy. They can be found at WalMart and are made in the USA by Kelly Springfield.
golftango

golftango wrote:
Ronzuki wrote:
golftango wrote: Is this something they could have stressed/broke with the aforementioned work?
Center carrier bearing? For what major assembly? Does one of the axle shafts have a center carrier and bearing between the output and the wheel hub? If so yeah, they could have damaged it during the R&R process. Had a perfectly good CV joint boot torn once by a monkey that was too lazy to tie the lose shaft end up, as opposed to letting it dangle, so as to not to over flex it.

One of the center crank bearings inside the engine? If that's what it is, did they "inject" the problem? Other than all the bearing caps are accessible when the pans off, I don't see how replacing a pan seal would cause a center crank bearing to start making noise.

I know the translation can get lost sometimes between what foreigners call parts in their descriptions that show up in parts diagrams and what we refer to them as here in the states. The term you used sounds to me more like a mid drive shaft hanger bearing term. The Kiz's rear driveshaft is pretty long, don't know if it has a mid carrier and bearing though. I don't see how that would have been affected by the work they did.
What was ordered was a damper, number 4 on this:

It will be installed Tue, I'll report back if this solved the issue.
Last Tue the damper came in, got the car there and they said wrong part. They ordered the entire inside axel. Today the axel is in and work starts on car. Sitting in the waiting room I get the "we need to show you something". Looks like the subsequent work when the axle was removed they chewed up the threads. They said the car is unsafe to drive and an entire new axle is on order. Cool thing, they put me in a 2017 Tacoma loaner.

Here's the Taco. I really am enjoying the Taco's beefy looks, road/highway mannerisms and interior. The 6-speed auto and and V6 are equally as pleasing for pickup duty, low revs when cruising, and torx when you need them. However, there are some oddities. The exhaust note is horrid. I can't describe it, but it does not sound good under acceleration. It screams for an aftermarket exhaust. And some of the interior bits feel a bit cheap, but nothing too crazy. There's an itching sound on the pass side dash or door which I have to track down, it's bugging me. Cool bit, there's a standard GoPro mount on the windscreen!

Image[/QUOTE]
Ronzuki

golftango wrote: Image
Geez man...who's been 'practicing' automotive repair on your poor car? Please tell me you're not on the hook to pay for any of this professionally induced disaster. :facepalm:

My boss drives a MT 2009 4-door Tacoma SR5 and was interested in trading in for the same in a new, AT model. He's nearing retirement and getting sick of rowing through gears. They gave it to him for a long weekend to drive. He brought it to the office on a Monday morning. Interior is far 'cheaper' material-wise compared to his 09 and he really wasn't digging the indecisive nature of the AT trans' shifting. After a quick forum search, turns out the AT weirdness is very common. He took a big pass on the new one. All in all, no where near as nice, inside or out, as his 09. I find the front rather nasty looking compared to his 09.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
golftango

Ronzuki wrote:
golftango wrote: Image
Geez man...who's been 'practicing' automotive repair on your poor car? Please tell me you're not on the hook to pay for any of this professionally induced disaster. :facepalm:

My boss drives a MT 2009 4-door Tacoma SR5 and was interested in trading in for the same in a new, AT model. He's nearing retirement and getting sick of rowing through gears. They gave it to him for a long weekend to drive. He brought it to the office on a Monday morning. Interior is far 'cheaper' material-wise compared to his 09 and he really wasn't digging the indecisive nature of the AT trans' shifting. After a quick forum search, turns out the AT weirdness is very common. He took a big pass on the new one. All in all, no where near as nice, inside or out, as his 09. I find the front rather nasty looking compared to his 09.
The initial repair was/is covered under the power train warranty. The dealer admitted to hacking up the threads and is covering the entire inner and outer axle.

I haven't experienced any AT shifting weirdness. My only gripe is the exhaust note, not pleasant.
Wiscokizashi

Well I finally got to drive the "Kizashi" in the snow!! Oh I'm liking this thing very much! Running on some Firestone Affinity touring tires. Wasn't so sure about how they would handle, they seem to handle pretty decent. Hope you enjoy the pictures. :drive:
Attachments
IMG_4366.JPG
IMG_4366.JPG (334.71 KiB) Viewed 4203 times
IMG_4365.JPG
IMG_4365.JPG (201.05 KiB) Viewed 4203 times
IMG_4364.JPG
IMG_4364.JPG (157.14 KiB) Viewed 4203 times