What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
golftango

WESHOOT2 wrote:GET SNOW TIRES.

(I learned my driving style pulls the studs right out of the front tires, so I've switched to "Performance" snows.

I usually leave VSC enabled when snow-blasting (kept it juuuust under 110MPH this morning), but not always (it, too, has saved my over-cooked bacon WAY too often).

Good snows should permit progressive break-away and benign behavior otherwise.

I dunno, triple digit speeds in snow is asking for trouble. Snow shoes or not.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
SamirD

Saved ourselves from 3 accidents in the last 24hrs--all at the fault of other careless drivers not understanding that regular all-season tires+regular driving speeds=can't stop or steer in 3" of snow. :facepalm:

I also remembered how much I miss reading this thread! And I need to make some relaxation time to read it more often!
SamirD

golftango wrote:
WESHOOT2 wrote:GET SNOW TIRES.

(I learned my driving style pulls the studs right out of the front tires, so I've switched to "Performance" snows.

I usually leave VSC enabled when snow-blasting (kept it juuuust under 110MPH this morning), but not always (it, too, has saved my over-cooked bacon WAY too often).

Good snows should permit progressive break-away and benign behavior otherwise.

I dunno, triple digit speeds in snow is asking for trouble. Snow shoes or not.
For mere mortals I agree with you. But Weshoot2 is in a class of his own. I don't think anyone of us could ride shotgun with him--not only out of sheer fear, but because there's got to be an angel or God himself riding along with him. :mrgreen:
Ronzuki

When there's no one else running around the same roads that one is blazing around on it's an entirely different ball of wax. I'd have a go at shotgun, God can ride in the back. (have to remember to bring my wheeling helmet ya know, jus-n-case God gets pissed)
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KIZAWDinKC

Had to do the dreaded headlight bulb replacement. Drivers side. Yes, it involved pulling the top of the plastic bumper covering down to get access, and then unscrewing the areas that were holding the headlight assembly in. Took about 1 1/2 hours since I took my time. It wasn't a hard job, just an annoying one.

All said and done, got the new bulb in. Screwed the headlight assembly back in. Snapped and screwed the panel and bumper panel back together. All finished. Turned around, and saw one screw left sitting on my workbench. :oops: Could not recall where that screw came out from. Everything seemed good and tight, headlight was in good and tight. I wasn't going to dismantle everything again and look for where the screw was left out, so I said the heck with it. Got my headlight bulb replaced though! :drive:
KuroNekko

KIZAWDinKC wrote:Had to do the dreaded headlight bulb replacement. Drivers side. Yes, it involved pulling the top of the plastic bumper covering down to get access, and then unscrewing the areas that were holding the headlight assembly in. Took about 1 1/2 hours since I took my time. It wasn't a hard job, just an annoying one.

All said and done, got the new bulb in. Screwed the headlight assembly back in. Snapped and screwed the panel and bumper panel back together. All finished. Turned around, and saw one screw left sitting on my workbench. :oops: Could not recall where that screw came out from. Everything seemed good and tight, headlight was in good and tight. I wasn't going to dismantle everything again and look for where the screw was left out, so I said the heck with it. Got my headlight bulb replaced though! :drive:
There is one bolt on the far outside corner. Maybe that one?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

I heard my name mentioned.......

I may drive wildly, but I truly do (normally :roll: ) pick my battles.

Did I mention I recently slid this one off my own road (from exceeding reason; lost battle).
DiggerDerrik

KIZAWDinKC wrote:Had to do the dreaded headlight bulb replacement. Drivers side. Yes, it involved pulling the top of the plastic bumper covering down to get access, and then unscrewing the areas that were holding the headlight assembly in. Took about 1 1/2 hours since I took my time. It wasn't a hard job, just an annoying one.

If your car is anything like mine you'll have to do the passenger side within a few weeks. If your hands aren't huge this can be done without removing the bumper or taking the headlight assembly out. I have replaced the drivers side no less then 5 times. Each time I do it I put less and less parts back on the car. I can change that side in about 15 minutes now.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
NiteRider

Discovered a pin sized hole near the sunroof seal. I can see a little daylight if i look at it just right. Well this is going to be annoying,.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
SamirD

Did the TPMS relearn the other night in 20 degree windchill. Burr!!! I really need to send back my vt30 to get it repaired. While the air trick is great, it sucks when it's cold outside!

Oh and the best part is finding out the next morning that it didn't take. :evil: So I'm going to have to do it again. Strange how it has to be done more than once sometimes to take.