What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
DiggerDerrik

Changed oil for the 16th time.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
SamirD

Did the tpms relearn again about a week ago. Haven't heard a complaint from the wife yet, so I think it took. Second season in a row that it took more than one relearn to take.
Speed_Racer

Haven't touched the Kiz in almost a month. I've adopted my parent's SX4 AWD for the time being and with all the snow we're having this winter, it's getting all the love right now. Yes, that means I'm a three Suzuki household.

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
SamirD

I have a soft spot for those awd sx4 crossovers. They can be made into anything--offroad rig, time attack demon, or just a fun and sporty daily driver. There's a part of me that wants to pick on up just to have one.
Speed_Racer

SamirD wrote:I have a soft spot for those awd sx4 crossovers. They can be made into anything--offroad rig, time attack demon, or just a fun and sporty daily driver. There's a part of me that wants to pick on up just to have one.
It's a neat little car and completely unstoppable in the snow (especially w/ Altimax tires). It is let down by the CVT though - it's completely gutless no matter how or where you drive it. This would be awesome with the 6-spd though. I'm selling it for my parents in the spring/summer.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
SamirD

So the wife gets into the car today after work and it starts fine, but while she's outside cleaning off snow, something goes wrong. When she sits back inside, it's saying 'service engine, hill hold disabled, esp service'. My guess is it didn't like the cold and wet weather today and some sort of ground or connection is acting funky. Thoughts?
SamirD

I did tell her to turn it off, wait a few minutes and then turn it back on, but it was the same.
Marcov71

SamirD wrote:Did the tpms relearn again about a week ago. Haven't heard a complaint from the wife yet, so I think it took. Second season in a row that it took more than one relearn to take.
I have yet to get my tpms relearn done since i bought the tires and wheels back in October. Been driving around with the yellow lights on. I also had to have one of the sesnors removed along with a faulty valve that was leeking. So I have to have it reinstalled. Would be great if you you could post a video of the relearn process. :)
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
SamirD

Marcov71 wrote:
SamirD wrote:Did the tpms relearn again about a week ago. Haven't heard a complaint from the wife yet, so I think it took. Second season in a row that it took more than one relearn to take.
I have yet to get my tpms relearn done since i bought the tires and wheels back in October. Been driving around with the yellow lights on. I also had to have one of the sesnors removed along with a faulty valve that was leeking. So I have to have it reinstalled. Would be great if you you could post a video of the relearn process. :)
Hmmm...that's definitely a thought. I have a nice bodycam I wear for work now that would help me shoot such a video.

But I don't think such a video is something I'll be able to do anytime soon. I barely have enough time to relearn my own car and I'm sure that rushed video full of cursing about the weather wouldn't be something I'd want to post online. :lol:

Nevertheless, if you run across any problems with the relearn, feel free to PM me. I'll even give you my cell phone number if you want a hand-hold through the process. 8-)
SamirD

Wife saw the check engine, esp off, and hill hold disabled messages this morning and was a bit worried. I am a bit concerned now too.

I've read some threads on here that state that after about 3 cycles with everything working fine, the errors will reset, but I am still a bit panicked. Thoughts?