What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

KlutzNinja wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:47 am Speaking of fluids, Kuro, are you still using that Amazon brand synthetic engine oil? How’s that holding up? I remember reading reviews on it when I first wanted to change my oil, and noted a few users complaining about the lack of a window into the jug that lets you know how much oil is left inside. Sounds like it’d be a little more difficult to keep track of how much you’re pouring, which is important since the Kizashi doesn’t consume the entire jug.
I’m due for an oil change soon. Actually should have done it at least a month ago. Good thing I put a decent filter in and don’t put many miles on my car :oops:.
The oil I currently use is the Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic 5W-30 from Costco. It's not actually the Amazon Basics motor oil. I think the discussion involving the two as the same comes from the fact that both of these, in addition to Walmart's SuperTech Full Syn, are made by Warren and are the same synthetic oil formula. What I can tell you is that Kirkland Signature's bottle has a clear window to see the oil level.

I have no complaints about the oil. It appears to hold up well and doesn't burn off in any unusual manner. It might not be the best synthetic motor oil out there but it does the job at a great price. The value is what matters to me because the Kizashi itself is a value-oriented vehicle. You get a lot for the money and you don't need to spend a lot to keep it running well. I think a reputable budget synthetic motor oil is perfect for the Kizashi in the manner I use the car, which is probably more demanding than most people here. I use the car for commuting, work duties, and personal. I want to use synthetic for the more demanding use, better sludge resistance, and longer oil change intervals but can't justify using higher end oils because the Kizashi's engine is rather ordinary and simply doesn't need primo stuff.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

Recently I had a Kizashi that had rear tire wear on the inside of the tire(toe out wear) . Measuring the toe confirmed that it needed adjustment to bring it in however,on both sides, the adjusters were maxed out . I cut the right rear forward arm and welded in a turnbuckle style adjuster swiped from a worn out Camry rear link . This worked awesome . I wish they would have used these from the start. I edited my “ cheap fix rear tire wear” under technical supportImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SAEED_KIZZY

today I changed four spark plugs at 158595km bought 4 new SILFR6A11 NGK Iridium and install it. it's a second replacement on my car I usually use an old spark plug on my Peugeot 206 and have no problem with that so far. and as always some photos:
photo_2021-08-29_11-25-45.jpg
photo_2021-08-29_11-25-41.jpg
photo_2021-08-29_11-25-38.jpg
photo_2021-08-29_11-25-17.jpg
AirRideFan

old tech wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:02 pm Thanks for the compliments guys and on the black bumper, I’d be torn between using black or grey zip ties. On a white car, I’m pretty sure black is best here is a picture of a white one I did a year ago. Image
The cover was ripped top to bottom. Rears are easy and cheap to get here but I’m sure not everywhere .The front cover is impossible to find inexpensive and good shape. I save even damaged front covers to use for pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude, that is soo cool. You're like a Kizashi Doctor! haha... All stitched up and will be okay !

This guy's post--- if he had a way to bring you the car... pretty sure this person could use your help, Old Tech
https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/d ... 82987.html
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
SamirD

That's pretty awesome. :) I've seen this for just a cut here or there, but never a fully sliced one before.

How strong are they though? Would just a slight tap rip it again?
old tech

Actually, I saw his listing a week ago and left a message. He returned my call yesterday and I think we will be setting up an appointment to repair his transmission. Thank you for keeping an eye out for me..... On the stitching, this is a very strong repair. The best and the cheapest I think.
SamirD

Awesome! Glad to have you posting here and keeping Kizashis on the road. :) Great to hear about the repair--that's totally awesome. :D
Woodie

AirRideFan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:45 pm This guy's post--- if he had a way to bring you the car... pretty sure this person could use your help, Old Tech
https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/d ... 82987.html
He's in Butler, that's right around the corner from Old Tech if I remember correctly. Girlfriend grew up in Sarver so I know a little about the area.

EDIT: Duh, should have read ahead.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

Sarver....Now your talking my language . I used to run a car in the endurance races down there at Lernerville Speedway two or three times a year . A 1986 Celica GTS. Alot good times down there.
AirRideFan

old tech wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:42 am Actually, I saw his listing a week ago and left a message. He returned my call yesterday and I think we will be setting up an appointment to repair his transmission. Thank you for keeping an eye out for me..... On the stitching, this is a very strong repair. The best and the cheapest I think.
That's awesome !
So, not sure how far you are from Pittsburgh exactly...but I'd be willing to drive my Kizashi up to you--- if you wouldn't mind charging me to do a CVT service on my car? I trust you more than anybody. I know it's kind've a long trip- but I'd feel better if you did it, because of how sensitive these transmissions are to being filled up correctly, etc.

Let me know when I could do that... and I'll shoot you a PM, if yes. Also--- I'd just like to meet you in person and talk Kizashi's & CVT's. ha
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!