Question about the rubber grip on the gear shift?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
stapletondoc

Has anyone noticed a gap or crack developing between the gear shift and the rubber grip on the lower part of the shaft of the gear shift? I do not remember seeing this initially when I got my Kizashi. I can firmly press the rubber and reduce the gap. It makes me wonder that they did not use enough adhesive or whatever procedure to make sure the rubber was firmly attached to the gear shift? I doubt this is life-threatening, but I feel like this is only going to get worse as the car gets older.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
volunteer

Can you post a pic??
stapletondoc

gearshift without applying pressure
gearshift without applying pressure
gearshift with pressure applied
gearshift with pressure applied
I fully expect to be berated, and probably deservedly so for bringing up such minutia. It is a very subtle imperfection that doesn't look like much of anything in the photos....but I notice it every time I get in the car....guess it is just how they made the gear shift. I apologize in advance for bringing it up.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
volunteer

stapletondoc wrote:
gearshift2.jpg
gearshift.jpg
I fully expect to be berated, and probably deservedly so for bringing up such minutia. It is a very subtle imperfection that doesn't look like much of anything in the photos....but I notice it every time I get in the car....guess it is just how they made the gear shift. I apologize in advance for bringing it up.
Haven't noticed it on mine, but I'm sure I will from now on if it is. (maybe I'll forget by morning and not even look)
autopiolet

That is a very nice looking shifter, is that a stick? I can't believe I don't have an image in my mind of what my shift handle looks like! Mine is the CVT.
uforaverwill

autopiolet wrote:That is a very nice looking shifter, is that a stick? I can't believe I don't have an image in my mind of what my shift handle looks like! Mine is the CVT.

It's the same CVT shifter like yours. :lol:
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
TheHolyGhost

You don't remember that your shifter is really nice looking? :-P Doc, that is unfortunate, if you're going back to the dealer maybe you can ask them to apply a little more adhesive or something.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

yeah doc seem to be unlucky dont give up faith man ...but its minor
TheHolyGhost

It is a nice looking shifter however, can someone post a pic of the whole thing?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KizzyOHIO

2.jpg
2.jpg (7.06 KiB) Viewed 10144 times
ha, ha, ha I just had to do it...
2010 White Manual Kizzy "S" -riding badgeless-