Question about the rubber grip on the gear shift?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
jimmerz

Mine is solid. I have no issues like that in mine. sorry.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
stapletondoc

Suzuki is replacing the rubber grip that is loose on the gear shift. The part is on order.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
SX4toKizashi

Damn it. The leather wrap on my gear shift is coming off as well.
lookin

Oh boy there goes the domino effect i guess im pretty lucky no issues watsoever
stapletondoc

I'm more than a little irritated that this car aka the "Kurse" has been back to the dealership several times for nearly an accumulated 2 weeks worth of time since the end of March 2010---during which times I was completely without a car. When the dealership did the recalls two weeks ago, they managed to scratch the crap out of the ac display and the radio display. So, the car was in the shop last week getting the ac display replaced. They refused to do anything about the radio display. When I got the car back, I noticed that the ac display was not firmly attached to the car....it wiggled about when pressed lightly. I also noticed that the passenger side of the dash appeared more loose than usual. I tried mashing the display and the dash back into place, but they both still noticeably move when pressed lightly. I fully anticipate that squeaks and rattles will eventually follow. TODAY, the "Kurse" is back in the shop today getting the rubber grip replaced and the clips added to the floor mats (which should have come with the car in the first place).

I have heaped high praise on the Kizashi in the past and defended it against nay-sayers....but my patience is growing very very thin. I so want my mercedes back!!! I'm sure not all Kizashi s are bad, but the early production model I have stinks in my opinion. I'm beginning to think mine is going to be a huge pain in my side until I can get rid of it. Perhaps, I should start a new topic devoted completely to my steaming pile of a car.
Denver, CO
SX4toKizashi

I think your car was built on friday at around 4 pm when all the workers just want to go home and start thier weekend.
stapletondoc

LOL....it does make one wonder.
Denver, CO
lookin

besides your paint problem most of the other stuff seems to be dealer not knowing what they are doing and if they scratch the radio they should change it you should call suzuki customer care and let them know whats going on i hate to see you like this i was influenced by you mostly to get my car and i have no issues whatsoever not even a chip maybe you got a bad one which could happened with any car you know...i remember with my jetta a friend had the same year he had so much issues with his i had none ..it happens man wouldnt they give you another one
volunteer

lookin wrote:besides your paint problem most of the other stuff seems to be dealer not knowing what they are doing and if they scratch the radio they should change it you should call suzuki customer care and let them know whats going on i hate to see you like this i was influenced by you mostly to get my car and i have no issues whatsoever not even a chip maybe you got a bad one which could happened with any car you know...i remember with my jetta a friend had the same year he had so much issues with his i had none ..it happens man wouldnt they give you another one
Gotta agree with "lookin" on this one. Most of your issues seem to be more related to an imcompetent dealer than the car itself. I would make sure Suzuki knows how bad these guys are and how poorly they are representing their vehicle. I don't know how far away the next closest dealer is, but I wouldn't let the idiots touch my car again if I were in your situation. Fortunately I've had zero issues in 8,000 miles, have a dealer that provides loaners when you are in for service and love the car.
Hawkzilla

KizzyOHIO wrote:
2.jpg
ha, ha, ha I just had to do it...
I can't believe you would paint your Kiz, yet you still have a 2 foot shifter in your car. lol Man, put a short throw on that phallic symbol. 8-)

As for the original post, it's starting to make sense why you are continually unhappy with your ride. I'm not trying to bash you, but there's being anal, then there's letting a 1 cm gap between some rubber and plastic ruin your fun. My advice is to lighten up and just enjoy the ride. It could be MUCH WORSE, you could have bought a cheap plastic heap of a Mazda.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic