CVT Transmission starting to fail

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kevvvinc

So the transmission arrived yesterday and they can't get it installed till next Wed. Ok all cool but the tranny is now extremely shot. Just an hour ago something let go. Sounds like a sewing machine on crack at all times and sometimes gives me almost no power. Check engine light on now as well. Going to take it to the dealer....if it makes it first thing am. Shouldn't the dealer be in a freaking rush to get this installed before more damage is done to my vehicle?
Attachments
20140124_181904.jpg
20140124_181904.jpg (132.75 KiB) Viewed 5290 times
coref1

Your situation is ridiculous, who knows what other damage is being done to your car? Take it to the Dealer, leave it there until it's fixed to your satisfaction and demand a replacement car.
Woodie

kevvvinc wrote:Shouldn't the dealer be in a freaking rush to get this installed before more damage is done to my vehicle?
If they gave a shit in any way, yes. Guess we know what the results of that test are.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

kevvvinc wrote: Shouldn't the dealer be in a freaking rush to get this installed before more damage is done to my vehicle?
It's quite obvious from everything that has transpirred, thus far, they could care less. I believe several of us recommended to park it at the dealer and get them to provide a loaner until the trans arrived. Suppose that thing decided to grenade while you're tooling down the road doing 45 or 50mph? FWD wheels lock up, no steering ability....that would be a very exciting and dangerous event. You really should see what happens when an industrial 5:1 reduction cast aluminum gear box on a 1250 rpm 40hp electric motor does to equipment in its vicinity when it explodes due to lack of lubrication.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
murcod

Okay- "bottom line" - the dealer doesn't care and Suzuki have pulled out of USA so they won't care if everybody sees a Kizashi on a flat bed bleeding trans fluid.

However this bit in bold
kevvvinc wrote:Sounds like a sewing machine on crack at all times and sometimes gives me almost no power.
could seriously result in you being involved in an accident - even dying!

Take it in there and make a lot of noise in front of other customers- until you get a replacement vehicle. Let them do it whenever they said, but get another vehicle!
David
kevvvinc

Well guys. I called North Vancouver Mitsubishi (formerly Suzuki) at 9:10am Saturday morning and described all the vehicles conditions. The service coordinator Collin said that they could only squeeze me in on Wednesday and that if it blows it blows. I begged to be given a courtesy car and he said he would work on it and get back to me.
Well the long and short he never got back to me. The transmission exploded all it's fluid out and almost got me and my passengers killed.

I was turning left onto Knight street from E41st ave in Vancouver when the transmission started to let go as I started to accelerate through the intersection.
This is a three lane road and perhaps one of the busiest intersections in Vancouver. As I entered the intersection, the car started to slow and came to a near stop as it neared the middle of the intersection. All I could do was keep the pedal to the floor, engine screaming, transmission crying and car moving one to two kilometres per hour while mitigating through the traffic heading North and South as I was heading West. Got it through with terrified passengers and the transmission just completely quit. Was a terrible smelling and terrifying experience with fluid spilled everywhere. Amongst all the honking and chaos no one was hurt and there was no accident. Car was towed by roadside (BCAA) and I had to wait only fifteen minutes. That was great.

I'm a bit upset that the dealership has had the transmission sitting since Thursday and has been making a mockery of me saying that I am being a bit dramatic. When they see my vehicle sitting outside their dealership tomorrow, dead I'm sure they will be surprised. Not happy with the way this was all handled from Suzuki, to the dealership. And now I am nearly completely positive that the Kizahsi has far more damage to other components. Needless to say, not a good memory.
Stodge

You shouldn't have kept the car. Simple as that, it was a safety hazard. The dealer doesn't care because Suzuki is a non entity in North America. It sucks.
kevvvinc

It's done. Hopefully my new transmission and whatever else gets installed asap.
murcod

You're lucky to be alive, also very lucky it didn't catch on fire. :shock:
David
coref1

I think this justifies a call to your local tv station and/or Consumer Affairs Department.