Suzuki Kizashis used as unmarked police cars in Japan

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

paininthenuts wrote: My neighbor owns a 320i and has commented how much faster the Kizashi is. The 228i is a different animal, but new ones are very rare. Most new BMW's are diesel.
The 320i is faster, even in the UK. The specs for the 320i in the UK BMW site shows that 0 to 100 KM/H is 7.3 seconds. In the US, both the auto and manual 320i is rated at 7.1 seconds for a 0 to 60 MPH run.
For the Kizashi, it's roughly 7.7 seconds for it to reach 0 to 60 MPH. The 7.7 second figure is for the fastest Kizashi: a 6 speed manual.
In essence, the stats tell us that any 320i is actually faster than any Kizashi.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Knightstruth

KuroNekko wrote:
paininthenuts wrote: My neighbor owns a 320i and has commented how much faster the Kizashi is. The 228i is a different animal, but new ones are very rare. Most new BMW's are diesel.
The 320i is faster, even in the UK. The specs for the 320i in the UK BMW site shows that 0 to 100 KM/H is 7.3 seconds. In the US, both the auto and manual 320i is rated at 7.1 seconds for a 0 to 60 MPH run.
For the Kizashi, it's roughly 7.7 seconds for it to reach 0 to 60 MPH. The 7.7 second figure is for the fastest Kizashi: a 6 speed manual.
In essence, the stats tell us that any 320i is actually faster than any Kizashi.
I agree with you that the 320i is faster, but in his defense some people will feel a car is faster than another based on how smooth the acceleration feels. My wife use to have a 2007 mazda 6 rated at a 0-60 of 10.4 seconds but boy did it feel a lot quicker than the 4th gen legacy or 5th gen legacy that I was driving.
murcod

paininthenuts wrote: You clearly don't live in the UK. Like I said, of course these cars exist, it's just a point of proportion. I don't compare a Kizi with an M3, a BMW with whopping great V6 engine, or an evo. These cars cost two too three times that of a Kizi. I prefer to compare the Kizi with cars of a similar value. Even at the original cost of £23k there really isn't much in the UK that can touch it for performance, let alone refinement and looks. I paid £14k, and believe me that will get you nothing more than a slug on wheels where I come from. I can't think of another large car with a 2.4 straight 4 engine without a Turbo that would come close.
Sorry, but you DID compare it to an M3 and "very expensive sports cars" :? when you said:
paininthenuts wrote: .....Other than very expensive sports cars and M3's, in the Uk there isn't much to touch it.
Now you're adding the price criteria? :facepalm: 23k in the UK will more than buy quite a few vehicles that will leave a Kizashi for dead, starting with the Fiesta ST. You can even get a Focus ST for 20k http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... code=ucbnp 0-100km/h in 6.5 secs.....
David
paininthenuts

KuroNekko wrote:
My neighbor has an 18 month old 320i convertible, and the 0-62 is 9.8 seconds. I have posted the link, hope it works in the U.S

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

If not, I have copied and pasted the details straight from autotrader

Engine power 170 bhp Engine size 1995 cc
Acceleration (0-62mph) 9.8 seconds Top speed 140 mph
Wheel drive Rear Wheel Drive
murcod

That's a 3 year old 2011 model with the older engine. An 18mth old 320 would be this model http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 1/usedcars with 0-100km/h of 7.5 secs.

Here's a current model 320D (diesel) from the same site that's 0-100km/h is 7.5 secs http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
David
KuroNekko

Back on topic:
Here's another video that just got uploaded of a marked police car Kizashi.
This video clearly shows what the roof attachment was for. It's to house extension arms that further raise the height of the police lights for visibility.

[youtube][/youtube]
murcod

Ahhhhh..... so that's for them to stand on top of, to rescue cats from trees. Like a scissor lift work platform/ cherry picker. ;)

(all it needs is the Suzuki badge.)
David
paininthenuts

murcod wrote:
paininthenuts wrote: You clearly don't live in the UK. Like I said, of course these cars exist, it's just a point of proportion. I don't compare a Kizi with an M3, a BMW with whopping great V6 engine, or an evo. These cars cost two too three times that of a Kizi. I prefer to compare the Kizi with cars of a similar value. Even at the original cost of £23k there really isn't much in the UK that can touch it for performance, let alone refinement and looks. I paid £14k, and believe me that will get you nothing more than a slug on wheels where I come from. I can't think of another large car with a 2.4 straight 4 engine without a Turbo that would come close.
Sorry, but you DID compare it to an M3 and "very expensive sports cars" :? when you said:
paininthenuts wrote: .....Other than very expensive sports cars and M3's, in the Uk there isn't much to touch it.
Now you're adding the price criteria? :facepalm: 23k in the UK will more than buy quite a few vehicles that will leave a Kizashi for dead, starting with the Fiesta ST. You can even get a Focus ST for 20k http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... code=ucbnp 0-100km/h in 6.5 secs.....
First of all I should point out that a fiesta would fit in the boot of a kizi, so that's hardly a comparison. Secondly a focus st is around 23k, not 20k. A kizi is a luxury 4x4 saloon, and a focus a small family car. I should also mention that most people paid a lot less for their kizi than 23k. The truth of the matter is that it is hard to find a comparison.
murcod

Yup, moving on. You seriously should re read what you've typed in previous posts...
David
KuroNekko

Looks like more Kizashis are being used as marked police cars though they are apparently better known as unmarked police cars in Japan.

Here's a new video of a marked Kizashi police car in action.

[youtube][/youtube]