Traded BMW for new Kizashi--pleased owner

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Macstoy

I have been a BMW owner for many years and I know that the Kizashi was aimed a bit toward owners such as my wife and I. We took delivery 2 days ago on a Platinum silver SLS AWD. What a fine vehicle, handling is fantastic, more quiet than our 2005 3 series, fit and finish, I feel is better, both exterior and interior, and the options are WOW. All for $20,000.00 less than the equivalent BMW. The other automakers better watch out and pay attention, the competition is definitely here... :D
uforaverwill

Welcome to the Family Macstoy!!! :D

I feel the same way because my family drives nothing but high end luxury cars and I never get buyers remorse with this car. Every time I drive my Kizashi I feel wonderful and this car was made for me. IMO. Have fun driving your new Kizzy!
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
TheHolyGhost

It's good to see people coming over from BMW and not being disappointed. Welcome to the forum!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
jimmerz

Welcome. AND, Really?

I am a happy Kizashi owner, but I find it hard to believe we are competing with BMW and Lexus. If I had the money, trust me I would probably be in a Lexus. Anyway, it's glad to hear you are happy and like the car. They are fun to drive and I look forward to my 35 months in it.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
TheHolyGhost

I think you have to look at it with regards to price as well. Maybe the driving experience isn't quite the same and the tech isn't as great, but you also may have saved $15k+. So while it may not directly compete with a BMW, it's a better car than it's priced at.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Macstoy

Thank you for the welcome. We have owned luxury cars for years, but with that luxury and leading edge tech comes the shop repairs, Albeit under warranty. But still when you pay the high price tags of these vehicles you would prefer to drive them instead of the loaner vehicles during the repairs.

One thing I can tell you is the handling is better in the Kizashi. The engine does not have the acceleration, but you are comparing apples to oranges (4 vs inline 6) and the mpg certainly helps offset the diminished power. We were seriously considering purchasing another BMW 3 series. With the comparable features of the Kiz, the price tag was $46,192.00 on the BMW vs our purchase price of $26,024.00 SLS AWD CVT a definite savings of + $20,000.00.
jimmerz

I realize the savings is HUGE. I just wouldnt think that someone shopping for a BMW or Lexus is also in the market for a Suzuki?

I'm not sure where you live and what mpg you are getting in your kizashi, but I am averaging right around 19-20mpg in regular local driving. I have not done much highway yet. I was getting the same mpg in my huge ford 500 V6 Boat! I cant imagine the mpg savings is truly that much.

I can only hope mine gets better with breakin? I doubt it though, and since winters are slick here in Pittsburgh I will be utilizing my AWD which should actually lower my mpg :(
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
TheHolyGhost

As far as I know the difference between AWD and not is negligible. You're still carting around all of the AWD hardware. I realize there's more drivetrain loss but I don't think it's that much. My friend's 2008 3 series inline 6 gets like 14/18 or something terrible like that.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

jimmerz wrote:I realize the savings is HUGE. I just wouldnt think that someone shopping for a BMW or Lexus is also in the market for a Suzuki?

I'm not sure where you live and what mpg you are getting in your kizashi, but I am averaging right around 19-20mpg in regular local driving. I have not done much highway yet. I was getting the same mpg in my huge ford 500 V6 Boat! I cant imagine the mpg savings is truly that much.

I can only hope mine gets better with breakin? I doubt it though, and since winters are slick here in Pittsburgh I will be utilizing my AWD which should actually lower my mpg :(
i thought i was getting 14 mpg[it seemed to be stuck at 14] i was ready to get rid of the car but i realise it have to be reset everytime you drive so sometimes im driving and it looks like a low readout i just reset and then the true mpg comes up avg 27-30 regular driving no lie i was reading 60 mpg last week on highway..dont know if thats your issue but im not mad anymore
jimmerz

Well my computer readout is close to my own calculations. I reset my tripometer every fill up, then divide the gallons on my next fill up into the mileage on my tripometer. I've only filled 3 times so far, 19.1,20.5 and 20.1 I think have been my numbers. My range after fill up is usually 250. I think these numbers will improve some? We will see...
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black