Lets draw a picture of each other

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
paininthenuts

Right, I will start

I live in Milton Keynes in England. (between Birmingham and London). I am 56 and drive a truck. My Kizashi is a white sport and only a week old. I love the car because of it's rarity in the UK, as well as it's stunning looks and the fact it has nearly every extra known to man. I also find it amazingly comfortable and well behaved when I want it to be, and the fact it can be a bit of animal when required. I paid £14000 ($21000) for a car that was £23000 when introduced into the UK. Regrettably my old woman is still giving me stick for spending the money, but I suppose that's woman.

What about you ?
Woodie

Milton Keynes eh? Buy the boys from Red Bull a round will ya? They must be having a tough time of it as poorly as their race team is doing. I've got no worries with my wife's opinion about my Kizashi, as I bought it about five months after she left to go back home to Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

I too am 56, a copier repairman, and live just outside Washington, DC. Paid $18,000 for my azure gray GTS with 10K miles on it. The rarity is cool, but I got it mostly because it was the next nicer Suzuki. I've had eight Suzukis in a row with wonderful reliability and wouldn't dream of changing brands (well, at least I wouldn't have on my own).
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
sx4rocious

I'm 38 with a Vivid Red GTS. It was actually a mother's day present last year that cost me a measley $13,900 with only 28k miles on it. I bought it because I loved my Techno Blue '07 SX4 so much and she loves it because it's soccer mom on the outside, but refined and a 6MT on the inside. She doesn't say much about the money unless I want a new toy for my car, then we're broke...
boman

I am 41. Live in New Zealand. Machinery Operator. I own A Black Kiz. 6MT, and all the fruit. I love everything about the car, except the crap paint. 2000kms old, and at least 2 dozen small stone chips. I am thinking of getting the car wrapped in matt black vinyl, to make it last longer.
paininthenuts

Milton Keynes eh? Buy the boys from Red Bull a round will ya? They must be having a tough time of it as poorly as their race team is doing. I've got no worries with my wife's opinion about my Kizashi, as I bought it about five months after she left to go back home to Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

I too am 56, a copier repairman, and live just outside Washington, DC. Paid $18,000 for my azure gray GTS with 10K miles on it. The rarity is cool, but I got it mostly because it was the next nicer Suzuki. I've had eight Suzukis in a row with wonderful reliability and wouldn't dream of changing brands (well, at least I wouldn't have on my own).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife hates me spending anything on cars, as she believes they are purely a way of getting from A to B. I have tried to explain to her the assets of the Kizashi, but I may as well talk her through the offside rule. Only the other day she told me I looked like a pimp driving it, I ask you !!
KuroNekko

I'm a 31 year old male. Athletic, educated, handsome, with a great sense of humor. When I'm not cooking from scratch in my condo, I love driving my Porsche and rescuing puppies and kittens. I enjoy long walks on the beach, fine wine, fitness, and I'm looking for a genuine, kind-hearted woman for a committed relationship... Oh, wait... Wrong website. Sorry.

At a recently-turned 31, I'm a young pup among older Kizashiclubbers. I live in Maryland and work in Washington, DC in the field of criminal defense law. Originally from California, but was born and raised in Japan. I visit family in Japan often and it was actually in Japan where I saw my first ever Kizashi on the road.

I got my 2011 Kizashi Sport GTS FWD 6 speed manual in August of 2012 in Jersey City, New Jersey for $14,988 sticker price with only 7500 miles. The car was just about flawless and even had tints and HID lows and fogs that the previous owner put in. I wasn't even serious about replacing my Mazda3 but perused autotrader.com once in a while after learning of the Kizashi. When I found the deal on the car that happened to be spec'ed perfectly for my tastes and even in my preferred color, I scrambled and bought the car within 3 days and drove about 450 miles round trip. No regrets as I love the car and think I got a phenomenal deal on it.

My first car was a Suzuki Sidekick SUV with 4x4. With a 1.6 liter engine that peaked at 98 HP, it sucked... however, I lived on a mountain and regularly offroaded it. Off the paved road is where Suzuki's ladder-frame, full-range 4x4 little SUVs kick ass. I had so much fun offroading it and it never got me stuck nor broke down despite the abuse of an offroading teenager in his first car. It was all the credibility I needed on Suzuki when I entertained the idea of owning such a different Suzuki, however their finest one.
Much like Woodie, I'm a fan of the brand and always considered them very overlooked underdogs in the US market. I'm rather sad about their exodus in North America, but plan to keep the Kizashi for a while.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
IshaanIan

I'm from India, turned 20 in March and I study industrial design. The car was bought when I was 18, it's a Silver 6speed MT FWD version. Have had an absolutely brilliant time so far with the car and I can't wait to gain more experience and money to be able to juice some more horses out of it. My goal is to keep it normally aspirated which I know will be expensive if I were to get any measurable increase but still.

Currently up on my to-do list is to have parking sensors installed (anyone have any diagrams? I'm sure there's a universal module somewhere to have it show up on the MID because inexperienced dealers here are just asking me to get a separate screen which I'm against), Electorchromatic automatic day/night IRVM (again might need pointers on how to have it installed, Headlamp upgrade, side indicator bulb upgrade cause in the sun it really isn't visible and that scares me sometimes, SafeLights which I found online; they are supposed to have a built in accelerometer and a processor to gauge how hard you're braking so that in emergency situations, the leds on the tail lamps, flash quickly to warn the person behind you. Lastly, a parrot bluetooth kit has been on my mind since the Indian car does not come with bluetooth. (Anyone know if I should just buy a Rockford Fosgate unit with BT? How expensive might that be?)

Cheers!
paininthenuts

I'm from India, turned 20 in March and I study industrial design. The car was bought when I was 18, it's a Silver 6speed MT FWD version. Have had an absolutely brilliant time so far with the car and I can't wait to gain more experience and money to be able to juice some more horses out of it. My goal is to keep it normally aspirated which I know will be expensive if I were to get any measurable increase but still.

Currently up on my to-do list is to have parking sensors installed (anyone have any diagrams? I'm sure there's a universal module somewhere to have it show up on the MID because inexperienced dealers here are just asking me to get a separate screen which I'm against), Electorchromatic automatic day/night IRVM (again might need pointers on how to have it installed, Headlamp upgrade, side indicator bulb upgrade cause in the sun it really isn't visible and that scares me sometimes, SafeLights which I found online; they are supposed to have a built in accelerometer and a processor to gauge how hard you're braking so that in emergency situations, the leds on the tail lamps, flash quickly to warn the person behind you. Lastly, a parrot bluetooth kit has been on my mind since the Indian car does not come with bluetooth. (Anyone know if I should just buy a Rockford Fosgate unit with BT? How expensive might that be?)

Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strange, I have only one of 500 Kizashis in the UK, and the only model imported was the Sport with the CVT box + paddle option. Each car has the following

Sunroof
Chrome trimmings
Keyless entry
18" low profile tires
Front and rear parking sensors
Xenon front head lamps
Cruise control
Duel zone climate control
Blue tooth with voice recognition
Full leather with electric memory seats, which are heated
4 wheel drive (optional)
USB connectivity connected to an 8 speaker system
Auto headlights
Auto windscreen wipers
Heated folding wing mirrors
Privacy glass
front fogs
headlight washers
auto headlight levelling
Loads of remote steering wheel operations

I am sure I have forgot some stuff, but this car is fully loaded, and it only cost me £14k new.
glorybound4

Check out this link- http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/support/rftech.aspx
I have the 450 watt, punch bass version and my son's car has the 750 watt. If you prefer rock and pop music, it's a killer. I'm into gospel,christian and classical so I turn the bass down to -4.
2010 kazashi SLS AWD
2012 SX4 Crossover
2008 SX4 Crossover
2006 XL-7
SamirD

My name is Samir and I own and operate a local car enthusiast web site in Huntsville, AL called Huntsville Car Scene.com. I also spend most of my time helping my parents with all their businesses in Alabama. My wife's job moved us to Milwaukee, Wisconsin where none of my Alabama stable of cars (10 including the Kizashi) would be appropriate for the snow and ice. I originally had my heart set on finally owning a Subaru, but we couldn't find one within our budget that met the wife's specs.

I found out about the Kizashi when it turned up on an autotrader search for awd vehicles. Then my wife shared the story about how she almost bought one for her mom back in India. My wife owns an sx4 in India that is very reliable and a great car, so I had no qualms about checking out the Kizashi, especially at the price. Oddly enough, the first time I saw a Kizashi was in India about a year before I met my wife. I had no idea what the car was but thought it was quite sharp.

We bought our 2011 SLS Sport AWD with 28,800 miles on it from the second owner for less than $15k. I thought this was a complete steal considering it was as fully loaded as a Kizashi could be in 2011, and was almost 30k new. Icing on the cake was that it was still under factory warranty, which helped us fix the rear shock issue as well as the paint issue on our wheels for free. (Thank you Ray Chevrolet/Suzuki!)

The car has really spoiled me with all the luxury items and the kicking RF system. Its awd system when paired with appropriate snow tires has kept us safe even through the very rough winter we had here in MKE. I couldn't be happier as I bought the car to keep us safe.

I believe I was the first to re-learn TPMS sensors to the car without the dealership, and also theorized the 'air release method' to allow owners to re-learn TPMS sensors to the car without a dealership and even without a TPMS tool.
KuroNekko wrote:I'm a 31 year old male. Athletic, educated, handsome, with a great sense of humor. When I'm not cooking from scratch in my condo, I love driving my Porsche and rescuing puppies and kittens. I enjoy long walks on the beach, fine wine, fitness, and I'm looking for a genuine, kind-hearted woman for a committed relationship... Oh, wait... Wrong website. Sorry.

I got my 2011 Kizashi Sport GTS FWD 6 speed manual in August of 2012 in Jersey City, New Jersey for $14,988 sticker price with only 7500 miles.
lol! Oddly enough we moved to Jersey City in August 2013. Small world. 8-)
IshaanIan wrote:Currently up on my to-do list is to have parking sensors installed (anyone have any diagrams? I'm sure there's a universal module somewhere to have it show up on the MID because inexperienced dealers here are just asking me to get a separate screen which I'm against), Electorchromatic automatic day/night IRVM (again might need pointers on how to have it installed, Headlamp upgrade, side indicator bulb upgrade cause in the sun it really isn't visible and that scares me sometimes, SafeLights which I found online; they are supposed to have a built in accelerometer and a processor to gauge how hard you're braking so that in emergency situations, the leds on the tail lamps, flash quickly to warn the person behind you. Lastly, a parrot bluetooth kit has been on my mind since the Indian car does not come with bluetooth. (Anyone know if I should just buy a Rockford Fosgate unit with BT? How expensive might that be?)

Cheers!
Which parking sensors are you looking for? The US version only has rear while it seems other parts of the world get front and rear. In addition to the sensors, if they used a different dash display, you might need to replace that or even the ecu as well. :?

Kuro's LED/HID headlight upgrades would be great for the Indian roads, even if they may be a bit blinding. For the side marker, I'd see if there's a good LED replacement as it should get more attention.

For a year or so, there was some sort of requirement in the US for the rear LED light to flash like you're describing. But apparently all it did was confuse people, so it was quickly discontinued as a requirement.