sound system

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
paininthenuts

I have the sport, and wondered what anyone knows about the sound system. That's to say who makes it, and what watts per channel etc. I believe there are 4 complete speakers, 2 separate woofers and 2 separate tweeters, and it sounds amazing. Any other info would be appreciated

Cheers
KuroNekko

Do you have the Rockford Fosgate system?
If so, here's some info:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products ... 13-kizashi
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
paininthenuts

How would I know, there is nothing written on the system to indicate anything. I am supposing though, that this system must be standard on the sport, as it sounds amazing
KuroNekko

I'm not sure if the UK models got the RF stereo. It should say on the head unit by the screen.
You can also check by opening the trunk and looking for the subwoofer on the rear deck. The subwoofer has a back cover that has Rockford Fosgate written on it.

These are the speakers that comprise the RF system in the Kizashi:

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
BxKizashiS

paininthenuts wrote:How would I know, there is nothing written on the system to indicate anything. I am supposing though, that this system must be standard on the sport, as it sounds amazing

Yeah you probably have the standard radio than, not the Rockford Fosgate system. Just like me... Just (4) 6.5" door speakers (1) 3" center speaker and (2) 1" tweeters on the front doors... I removed everything and upgrade all my speakers to midranges, Even customed installed (2) 6x9's in the rear deck... The factory was pretty nice but i like to go loud with hard bass lol
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
SamirD

You'd know if you have the RF as there are logos not only on the bottom of the sub, but the top, and the door grilles as well.
paininthenuts

Thanks for your replies. It would appear I have the standard system. That said, I am not disappointed, as it is the best sound system I have ever had in a car, including my Merc E Class.
AirRideFan

BxKizashiS wrote:
paininthenuts wrote:How would I know, there is nothing written on the system to indicate anything. I am supposing though, that this system must be standard on the sport, as it sounds amazing

Yeah you probably have the standard radio than, not the Rockford Fosgate system. Just like me... Just (4) 6.5" door speakers (1) 3" center speaker and (2) 1" tweeters on the front doors... I removed everything and upgrade all my speakers to midranges, Even customed installed (2) 6x9's in the rear deck... The factory was pretty nice but i like to go loud with hard bass lol
Yooo...I'm in the process of figuring out what speakers to replace my factory door and tweeters with in my RF-equipped Kizash SLS. I'm going to run them off the factory Rockford amp- just looking to enhance my 60Hz-1000Hz, mainly.

Removed the factory sub and making that a port to the new sub setup. Can't wait to hear it when it's all done.

BxKizashiS, do you have any pics of yours? I'd love to see it! And your IG account doesn't seem to be correct- I tried it, no go!

Let me know... Thanks dude
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
Drem

Just a note you may be interested in. The factory RF speakers, at least the door mids, are only 2 ohm speakers. The industry standard is 4 ohm so you'll only draw half the power from the factory setup with most aftermarket speakers. My setup is completely aftermarket, I can show you pics of the removed RF speakers in the morning when I go home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
AirRideFan

Drem wrote:Just a note you may be interested in. The factory RF speakers, at least the door mids, are only 2 ohm speakers. The industry standard is 4 ohm so you'll only draw half the power from the factory setup with most aftermarket speakers. My setup is completely aftermarket, I can show you pics of the removed RF speakers in the morning when I go home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ahh...that def helps me out! Thanks so much. I guess I'd have to find aftermarket 2ohm mids and coaxials... if that's even possible, to make the best of it via the RF amp. I wonder how the power is split up--- does anybody have any idea approx. how many watts are going to each of the 8 channels?

I'm totally just guessing here, but thinking.... it's probably something around 75w into each of the front doors mids and tweeters, 25w to the front center channel in the dash, maybe 50w to the coaxials in the rear doors and 150w to the Dual Voice Coil 8" Rockford Sub?
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!