Boot Opening (trunk to you yanks )

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
paininthenuts

I don't know if it is the same in all countries, but in the UK one of the Kizi's weaknesses is the boot opening. It doesn't open with the central locking, and the interior boot release switch is disabled. This means the only way it can be opened is to physically press the switch on the boot ensuring you have the key fob on you. Needless to say this can be a real pain in the arse at times. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do myself to change this ?
KuroNekko

See this thread on it from another UK Kizashi owner:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=2885

I'm curious as to why the UK version does not have a trunk release button on the inside. North American versions do. In fact, we even have a trunk release cancel button in the glove box.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
paininthenuts

KuroNekko wrote:See this thread on it from another UK Kizashi owner:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=2885

I'm curious as to why the UK version does not have a trunk release button on the inside. North American versions do. In fact, we even have a trunk release cancel button in the glove box.
Apparently it is a security thing. It is to stop people opening the boot whilst the car is stationary whilst at traffic lights etc. The trunk release button exists, but it is disabled.
murcod

paininthenuts wrote:This means the only way it can be opened is to physically press the switch on the boot ensuring you have the key fob on you.
You don't have a boot release button on your key fob/ remote?
David
paininthenuts

murcod wrote:
paininthenuts wrote:This means the only way it can be opened is to physically press the switch on the boot ensuring you have the key fob on you.
You don't have a boot release button on your key fob/ remote?
Yes, but it doesn't work when the ignition is on, CRAZY !!
SteveYoung

The plug is clipped up behind the dash, I connected mine up on Sunday.
paininthenuts

SteveYoung wrote:The plug is clipped up behind the dash, I connected mine up on Sunday.
Please give me more info on this. Cheers
SteveYoung

Remove panel below dashboard, two screws underneath and clips at the top. Then pull the panel with the starter and 4 switches out, it comes out forward. Then look through the hole where the 4 switches were. Fastened up at the right hand side, with a cable tie which is clipped to a hole in a metal frame, is a plug wrapped in self adhesive foam. Prise the cable tie away from the metal panel, then pull the plug through the hole in the dash. Cut the cable tie off the plug, peel the self adhesive foam off, then plug into the back of the boot release. Replace the switch panel, replace the lower dashboard cover. Remove the dummy cover from the boot release switch - if it has one. Hey presto, functioning switch with illumination.
paininthenuts

SteveYoung wrote:Remove panel below dashboard, two screws underneath and clips at the top. Then pull the panel with the starter and 4 switches out, it comes out forward. Then look through the hole where the 4 switches were. Fastened up at the right hand side, with a cable tie which is clipped to a hole in a metal frame, is a plug wrapped in self adhesive foam. Prise the cable tie away from the metal panel, then pull the plug through the hole in the dash. Cut the cable tie off the plug, peel the self adhesive foam off, then plug into the back of the boot release. Replace the switch panel, replace the lower dashboard cover. Remove the dummy cover from the boot release switch - if it has one. Hey presto, functioning switch with illumination.
That's great. I have contacted my local Suzuki dealer and they will be doing it for me. Sorry, what country are you from ?
SteveYoung

UK