Thinking about buying a Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
ogilvie

Well, I'm almost there. Buying in Canada so I only get the one version: loaded with awd! A little scared because although Suzuki is big across the pond, not too sure what their commitment is to North America. And since the dealership network is so small...they can have you over a barrel for the warranty.

Funny enough, my quote for the kizashi was less than for a sport impreza.

So who is still happy?
autopiolet

I have an SLS FWD CVT. Have 2,500 miles on her and I have no complaints at all. This is one very solid car. There is only two dealers in Arizona. I've heard that Suzuki is going to offer independent repair places so people don't have to drive far for service. I haven't heard of any yet. Face it, Cars are a bad investment no matter what you buy so just enjoy it!
lookin

Sls owner here very happy no problems at all . However i find a lot of nitpicking about the car thats not to say there aint no legitimate complaints , but the car is solid
babacu

In Canada as well, 2+ months and 4000 km later and still happy. Even more now that I'm starting to get used to it and learn how to get the most out of it, I would say.

Things I've "given up" (or would have liked to have) when choosing the kizashi:
- V6 (for the smoothness/power)
- navigation
- HID headlights

Things that made me choose it:
- AWD
- Tech features (bluetooth phone, streaming)
- overall feel (quality, drive)

All the pluses only confirmed themselves. I'm still getting used to the CVT and the 4 cylinder engine feel, but I would still buy it without hesitation knowing what I know today.
ogilvie

Thanks for the response guys. For the guys who bought in canada, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay? admin fee's etc..?
ogilvie

Did anyone pay for wheel locks?
TheHolyGhost

I didn't, although, they didn't even ask. I probably wouldn't have gotten them anyway.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
babacu

ogilvie wrote:Thanks for the response guys. For the guys who bought in canada, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay? admin fee's etc..?
I don't remember the exact numbers, but there were a couple of "unexpected" fees, 300+ each. I offered them 1k over the invoice price (carcostcanada) and with those fees they pretty much got the price back up (I'm quite sure that's what they're for :-). It ended up a bit under MSRP after all was said and done. They threw in free oil changes and car replacement if car repairs exceed 2 hours, but I wouldn't even factor them in, price wise, who knows if that dealership will even be in business next year...

I'm really not into haggling, so you can easily expect better results if you're willing to invest the time. CarCostCanada sent me to a dealership in Mississauga that offered a 500 over their invoice price deal (over email), but I got it in Pickering instead (not sure if that offer was just to get me there, but I was not curious to drive to the other side of Toronto just to find out, time is in short supply these days...).

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!
KizzyOHIO

I love my Kizzy!!! As a matter of fact I just finished the front end. (Bumper blacked out and red pin stripe around the entire grille...) Look for pics when I return home on Monday. As for the car I've got 2500 miles on it and consider one of if not the best bangs for your buck on the streets!!!
2010 White Manual Kizzy "S" -riding badgeless-
Hawkzilla

Mine is LOADED with AWD. I have 3700 miles and still fight the temptation to look like a total nerd and look back at my car when I am walking away. I enjoy driving it and it is a VERY COMFORTABLE ride. I assume you have the leather seats as well, they are top quality and very easy to clean. There is very little torque from the stop position, but a couple seconds after you get going this car has some good pep. I would say if you want a well built, smooth ride that handles like $40K+ sports sedan, you can't go wrong with this car. However, if you need burst off the line and crave power, you probably should look elsewhere.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic