Thinking about buying a Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
ogilvie

Thanks for the replies folks. I was thinking about calling it the Kizz-ow.
jimmerz

Thats a good one, I might steal that name and add an i on it. The Kizz-ow-i
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
JDLKizzy

Hey all,

Just joined up. I'm in the same boat as some others here........thinking about picking up a Kizashi. Test drove one this past weekend and I do have to say that I was impressed. The fit and finish on the inside out was nice. I was disappointed that they didn't have a 6-MT to try out but that's OK I guess. I plan to use it as a daily commuter (roughly 100 miles round trip) I've got a 97 camry with about 254k on it and one of two things are going to happen.......it dies and I get a Kizzy out of necessity, or, I wait for the 2011's to come out and then, I plan to pick up a GTS sport with 6-speed transmission (silver / white or black........which all look great!). There is a ton of good info on this forum and I'd like to say thanks to all who have contributed.......it's given me some great ideas of what to do once I get one. I do have some questions for current owners but I'll get to them later. No need to ramble.
2011 Sport GTS 6-MT
Platinum Silver
lookin

hey jdl you wont be disappointed great car
zer0

Hi everyone,
I just test drove the car today, i was surprised as to how quiet the car is and how smooth the drive is. It has very nice feel to it. I've driven, venza, camery, tiguan, forester and of them all i find kizashi to be above all. I'm considering picking one up in a month or so. For the people who have owned it for a while, any input, should i get it anything to watchout for? by the way i'm in Canada.

Thanx
Moto
Site Admin

The car is somewhat prone to paint chips. Many of the members on here are using a clear bra made by 3M to protect the paint.

If you get one with the Rockford Fosgate (I think all my have that sound system in Canada) sound system some of the amps are faulty, but they are replaced by Suzuki under warranty.

Most of the people on here are very happy with their cars, and Suzuki seems to be getting most of the early bugs worked out of the car.
zer0

Hi, Thanx for the reply,
is the clear bra actually helping against the paint chips? is suzuki doing anything about it?

Thanx
TheHolyGhost

People who have the clear bra seem to be pretty happy with it overall. I've heard of a few people with paint chip problems getting repainted by the dealer, so it seems that Suzuki has begun accepting that it's an issue and it addressing it.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
autopiolet

I live in Arizona and have the clear bra. I've got 3,700 miles on it and zero paint chips. By the way got an oil change today and a salesman told me there have been two Kazashi's sold in Arizona and mine is one of them. Guess I won't be seeing another one anytime soon. I'd buy another one if they are still being made when I'm ready to trade in again.
lookin

I dont have A bra and i dont have not one chip just thought i would paint a better pic for u