Question: Shortram Intake and Warranty

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Daxiongmao87

Will this installation void my warranty? Simple question :] Thanks.
TheHolyGhost

It could. I believe to void your warranty they have to be able to prove that is caused the problem. So, if you have a suspension component fail, it shouldn't be an issue. Engine related issues could be. You could always take it off before you take it in for warranty work I guess. ;-)
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
speedsterz

HolyGhost is 100% on point, a dealer must be able to prove that the aftermarket part was the cause of the damage to the vehicle. However, some dealers will really give you a hard time and try to scare you with empty threats.

Regarding the short air intake, I have had a SAI on my last four vehicles and have never had any problems. The only instances I have heard of air intakes causing problems are CAI (cold air intakes) which go very low into the front bumper making it easy to suck up some unwanted debris, especially water during rain. AEM created bypass valves to counter the water suction with CAIs but they have been known to fail on numerous occasions.

Bottom line, a SAI, should not harm your vehicle.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Platinum Silver

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
uforaverwill

Will installing HIDS void the warranty?
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
TheHolyGhost

Same as above. If you had an electrical problem and they could prove it was from increased draw from the new lights or something like that then yes. If you have a problem with the rear suspension you should be fine.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Amedia1

Here is a link regarding aftermarket parts and factory warranties. As more and more parts are released for our cars people might find it helpful.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/aftvsfac.htm
uforaverwill

Guess I will wait till my lease is up.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
JDReichert

I ask my dealer what their take would be about changing the air intake would do with regards to the warrantee. They indicated I could use a K & N filter and it would not effect the warrantee, but the total system by Road Race would void the factory warrantee if I had a claim for an engine failure. This is just his opinion and not necessarily Suzuki's. Each individual should check for them selves with their dealer.

Jerry - 2010 SLS, 1983 BMW 633CSi, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL
Amedia1

They would still need to prove that the intake caused the failure. They may jump up and down, bitch, moan and complain but the fact remains that they are responsible for proving that the aftermarket part was to blame. Win or lose the claim, it may be more of a pain than people are willing to deal with.
JDReichert

I added an aftermarket set of brakes to a BMW several years ago and when we experienced a problem, they were an A**hole about the entire thing. It's not a thing I would be willing to go through again unless the factory installation of said item was very inferior in nature.

Jerry - 2010 Kizashi SLS - 1983 BMW 633 CSi - 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL