prolonged cranking....

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Senegal

so this happened to me today, at nearly 13k miles in about 4 months, I have to say that this is the first mechanical mishap. It happened just once, the car was re-started three times after that event on short trips without any trouble. It was at noonish, the car had been sitting for about 3 hours before it was started when this happened.

I had a Toyota that did this once in a while and Toyota fixed it with re-calibration of the computer module.

has anyone else had this happen to them?

hope it's not a sign of more things to come.
volunteer

Define "prolonged"?? I've never owned a car that didn't occassionally crank a little longer than normal. No big deal....
Senegal

10 seconds....that's long when the car typically starts in about a second
NJKizashi

Senegal wrote:so this happened to me today, at nearly 13k miles in about 4 months, I have to say that this is the first mechanical mishap. It happened just once, the car was re-started three times after that event on short trips without any trouble. It was at noonish, the car had been sitting for about 3 hours before it was started when this happened.

I had a Toyota that did this once in a while and Toyota fixed it with re-calibration of the computer module.

has anyone else had this happen to them?

hope it's not a sign of more things to come.
It's happened to me a cpl of times...cant really remember the issues that made it happen ??...like most cars..it happens at times...No big issue....Hope not anyway :roll:
Senegal

alright, i'm glad its not just me then.
babacu

It happened to me a couple of times, a few days after I got it. It was something like 4-5 seconds before it started. Haven't experienced it since.
Moto
Site Admin

climate changes can cause that to happen from time to time regardless of the car.
KCKizashi

It's happened to me twice now. I chalked it up to me letting my foot off the brake too soon, getting in a hurry, etc. after stopping the cranking, started the process over again and it started fine.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD