Ditching our Impreza

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Danbob

Long story short - Been a Subaru enthusiast forever, had a wrx with 10k in engine work. SOld it for something more practical - a 2008 impreza hatch. HATE the impreza with a passion. Also have an sx4 crossover which is my car. Wifey drives the suby and hates it more than I do. I love my sx4 and think it might be one of the best kept automotive secrets out there. My inlaws have 3 sx4's and our dealer loves us. Went to look at an AWD kizashi today and the owner of the dealer let us take it home with us for a couple of ours to see if the baby seat fit. Totally was not expecting to do more than kick tires. GORGEOUS car. We loved everything about it. Only thing I was sad about was no heated seats, but I smiled again when they showed me the heated mirrors. Dealer made us an offer that if we trade our impreza and pay 750 bucks, we walk away with the kizashi, which has 32 k less miles than the impreza and none of the issues that the impreza has. We still have 2.5 years of payments left on the suby and I was very surprised at this offer. We are in love and going to buy it on one condition.....Anyone know what kind of insurance risk it is? Our impreza is very low risk and rated very highly even though it does not have side curtain airbags or 4 wheel disc which the kizashi has....I am praying you guys tell me it is dirt cheap to insure because we want this car so badly. It's an SE demo with 8k on it and it has been babied. Dealer is offering us the gas card, low financing for 5 years, and the brand new car warranty. They only want 18k for it and it retails for 24...It helps that between us and my wife's parents we have bought 4 new suzukis from them in the past 2.5 years otherwise we'd not be getting this kind of a deal. Originally we were gonna go for another sx4 crossover until he showed us this car for the same price....It's late, my wife is 9 months pregnant, and I am exhausted so please excuse this horrendous excuse for an introduction....More to come when I am feeling sane again. Any info about insurance would be greatly appreciated! Other than that, we have already made up our minds to buy it because it is one hell of a vehicle.
Moto
Site Admin

There are several members that have made the switch from suby to the kizashi. I don't know for sure, but I don't think you would pay any more for the kizashi than you were for the suby. I think the only way to know would be to give your insurance company a call. The car has more power, but it is a little safer so it is hard to say.

I'm sure some of the other members will know more than me.
TheHolyGhost

I switched from Allstate to Progressive, so it's not apples to apples, but I saved almost $500/year when I got rid of my Legacy 2.5i and got my FWD Kizashi GTS, even though it's worth more.

Also, the SLS trim has heated seats, if you're in the US.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
JDReichert

To Danbob, I just received my renewal notice from The Hartford for our 2010 Kizashi SLS. The following are the figures. We have no accidents or tickets and I am a retired Engineer in Washington. Liability total = $254 annually, + Comperhensive $79 annually, + collision $421 annually with $50 deductible. That totals to $754.00 a year for us. We drive about 12k miles a year. Hope this is helpful.

Jerry - 2010 Kizashi SLS - 1983 BMW 633CSi - 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL.
Danbob

Excellent! Thanks for the info! I just got a quote from my insurance company (state farm) that the car will only cost us <10 dollars per month than our imprezza did, for a total of a about 46 dollars more per six months. Not bad for a sportier, better equipped, seemingly all around better vehicle. We are going to buy it, and proceed to drive the hell out of it for the next 5-10 years :-) Can't wait to post pics of it when we get it and I will also post a Suzuki family pic of the 6 Suzuki cars that we have - 1 1998 esteem, 3 sx4 sport sedans, 1 sx4 crossover, and now the Kizzy. Very excited and also hoping Suzuki does not pull out of the US anytime soon LOLOL.
TheHolyGhost

Congrats and welcome! Glad to hear there's going to be another Kizashi owner.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES