Another Suzuki Dealer Bites the Dust

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kentucky1777

I'm getting close enough to buying a Kizashi that I was going today with my wife to let her have a ride in one. Unfortunately when we got to the dealer in Leesburg, Virginia it is no longer a Suzuki dealer. The multi-brand dealer cut all ties to Suzuki a month ago. I was told that they won't even service or carry parts for the Suzuki's that they've sold. This dealer was only 5 miles from my home, so this is somewhat frustrating, but there are still two other dealers within 45 minutes of my home.
Moto
Site Admin

That is at least the third dealer in about a month that has been talked about on this board. I think Suzuki is quietly trying to restructure their dealership network. I might try to give them a call to see if they plan to try to get back into some of the cities they have dropped.
gaww

I think it is the other way around - the dealers are doing the dropping - most likely due to slow sales and loosing money being open. It remains to be seen if the belated commercials will turn the tide - most people still do not know they exist over here.
Moto
Site Admin

It may have just been a case locally, but the dealer here indicated it was the doing of suzuki not them. However, in most cases you are probably correct.
volunteer

gaww wrote:I think it is the other way around - the dealers are doing the dropping - most likely due to slow sales and loosing money being open. It remains to be seen if the belated commercials will turn the tide - most people still do not know they exist over here.
Actually it's a voluntary buyout program Suzuki offered to the lowest performing dealers. The offers went to 150 dealers, of which 50 accepted over the past five months. Gene Brown (Suzuki Mktg. VP) said that the average sales per month for the dealers that took the offer was.......two.
TheHolyGhost

That's pretty sad. Hopefully this is a sign of Suzuki prepping a new support network for those of use who have recently joined their customer ranks.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

from what i heard this is all in suzukis plans to retool a new network hopefully its true,i dont see why they would close dealers though i would think they would try to make existing dealers better we will see how this pans out
Hawkzilla

I talked to the owner of my dealership this weekend. He admitted that Suzuki has been "buying out" dealers around the country that have not been moving their cars, but he will not be one of them. He made references that would back the theory that Suzuki isn't planning on pulling out, but simply restructuring their dealers in order to make sure they aren't just a side-show option in the back corner of their lots.

I think this will be one step back so they can take two steps forward (hopefully).
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
volunteer

Hawkzilla wrote:I talked to the owner of my dealership this weekend. He admitted that Suzuki has been "buying out" dealers around the country that have not been moving their cars, but he will not be one of them. He made references that would back the theory that Suzuki isn't planning on pulling out, but simply restructuring their dealers in order to make sure they aren't just a side-show option in the back corner of their lots.

I think this will be one step back so they can take two steps forward (hopefully).
You nailed it Hawk. Suzuki is better off with fewer dealers that do a good job than holding on to a bunch that only sell one or two cars per month and have zero reason to properly represent the company. Read those stories from StapletonDoc to see how a bad dealer can kill the customer image of a brand.
lookin

yeah poor doc