I think I have a leak!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Fritz2

I have seen quite a bit of swarf in these threads, come to think of it, I'm writing some now!
golftango

Went to do an oil change tonight, got under my Kiz and this is what I see:

Oil leak is back! You can see the new RTV the dealer used on the pan. I had previously pressure washed the bottom of the engine and splash shields too. This is all fresh stuff.

Frustrating, back to the dealer.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
WESHOOT2

Best of luck.
golftango

Turns out it is the axle seal (#20). The service writer said they had to remove the axle to do the oil pan gasket, so they probably nicked the seal. It's pretty evident in that photo too. Parts will arrive tomorrow.

Image[/QUOTE]
kconklin33

Just did an oil pan. Pain in the a$$. Downpipe (Exhaust manifold coming into 1) has to come off as well as lifting the engine to allow for the pan to fall down.
bootymac

Is the flywheel supposed to be exposed?
golftango

bootymac wrote:Is the flywheel supposed to be exposed?
Not sure, anyone with a 6MT care to take a peek through pass wheel well and look?
Ronzuki

golftango wrote:Turns out it is the axle seal (#20). The service writer said they had to remove the axle to do the oil pan gasket, so they probably nicked the seal.
Of course they did...no 'probably' about it, they're "trained professionals" after all. I've never had a previously good seal not leak when a garage had to pull a shaft for any reason. Future billable work for the unsuspecting consumer to pay for. It's not difficult or time consuming, at all, to pull a shaft w/o causing a seal to leak that wasn't already leaking.

Are they eating the bill for the replacement or are you?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
golftango

Ronzuki wrote:
Of course they did...no 'probably' about it, they're "trained professionals" after all. I've never had a previously good seal not leak when a garage had to pull a shaft for any reason. Future billable work for the unsuspecting consumer to pay for. It's not difficult or time consuming, at all, to pull a shaft w/o causing a seal to leak that wasn't already leaking.

Are they eating the bill for the replacement or are you?
This is all under warranty. 2013 w/ 26K

And I guess the flywheel is okay, I just texted the service writer. but if anyone wants to check, feel free :)

golftango

Got a call from dealer yesterday, axel seal did not come in, so they sent me on my way saying the leak was not bad. I got home, dropped the lower shields and degreased and cleaned all the old oil seepage.

Today I go for a good 30 min drive and get under it to see no leaks around the axle. However it's dripping between the trans case and engine. This was my initial complaint back in July. So I'm sure the oil pan wasn't even leaking as this is trans/gear oil. Back to the dealer Monday so they can add dye.