Kizashi Wont Start Please Hellp!!!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
CamiVH89

Hey guys

Update*****

It was the brake switch. Thanks for all your advice.

Appreciated.
BxKizashiS

Cool. Glad u got it fixed!
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
Ronzuki

Excellent to hear it's fixed. Thanks for the update. Good to know those things are still going bad in this day and age. :|
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
CamiVH89

well guys,

apparently, the brake switch is not the problem. The car kept doing the same thing after awhile.

I took it somewhere else now, seeing that service the steering light came on.

I got the code b1162.

Mechanic said the problem is because the steering lock unit needs to change. So i ordered it and will see if that solves the problem.
Ronzuki

Well now, that sucks. Hopefully your not at the beginning of a protracted game of parts darts.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Adeeck

Hi guys,
I’m sorry to reply on an old conversation but, I’m happen to have the sam problem. Did the problem solve?
old tech

If you are experiencing the no crank situation and a message appears on the dash to wiggle your steering wheel, then you probably have the fairly common failure of the electronic steering lock mechanism. You cannot install a used one. It must be new. These are a bit expensive and tough to get a hold of. But you can certainly get one still. If the vehicle won’t start, what you can do is open the drivers door and then keep cycling The ignition. After it does start, with it running ,open the LF door , remove the driver door switch for done light and unplug it. This will keep the steering lock from locking your steering again and it won’t have to reconnect the starter circuit. This is the cheat fix. You will lose auto dome light from driver door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adeeck

old tech wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:44 am If you are experiencing the no crank situation and a message appears on the dash to wiggle your steering wheel, then you probably have the fairly common failure of the electronic steering lock mechanism. You cannot install a used one. It must be new. These are a bit expensive and tough to get a hold of. But you can certainly get one still. If the vehicle won’t start, what you can do is open the drivers door and then keep cycling The ignition. After it does start, with it running ,open the LF door , remove the driver door switch for done light and unplug it. This will keep the steering lock from locking your steering again and it won’t have to reconnect the starter circuit. This is the cheat fix. You will lose auto dome light from driver door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice. I’ll try that.
But I want to clarify what is LF actually. Is it Left Front door? I’m from Malaysia, my driver seat is on the right side.
And do you mean auto dome light will not auto turn on when driver door is open? This should be ok.
old tech

I should have just said your drivers door instead of LF .
Suman

I have the same issue with my one i can hear the crank but it doesn’t start and i have to keep on trying and it will do. I get it checked in the dealership and they changed the crankshaft or cam shaft sensor but still the same problem.
Has your fixed already? If you have fixed what was the issue please help