Just hit 50,000 mi (80467.2Km)

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
'12Zashi209

I bought my 2012 gts kiz on October 1st of 2015, have owned it since 43,000 mi. I love the car, I get compliments everywhere I go. They always get surprised it's a suzuki. I have had a few ppl confuse it with a mercedes and lexus. But again, only a few. I love the looks of the car which is why I bought it the same day I saw it, I knew this car was unique and rare. As for gas mileage, I average 22 in 6th but I'm going like 80mph against wind on the freeway (expressway). I don't mind that fuel economy as I am used to driving a truck. Interior does have some flaws, but hey, no used car is going to be perfect. Only major thing I thing was replace all 20 wheel studs since the previous owner put the wrong lug size on and stripped the studs :evil: :oops: . Car was out for a week since I ordered the parts and did it myself, and let me tell you, it was a looooooong week without my car. I always want to trade it in for something faster but I withhold from such decisions because what I lok for in a car is for it to be quick but most importantly rare. I only have good things to say about this car. I bought a lip for it, going to buy some touch up paint for rock chips, and am thinking about maybe lowering the car. But for the most part keeping it stock for commutes.

Tell me your stories about your cars and how you either love it or hate it. Lol
KuroNekko

You average 22 MPG on 6th gear on the freeway!? Even in those conditions, I'd imagine you'd still get over 26 MPG. If on freeways, I have no issues getting at least 28 MPG in my 6 speed GTS. The best I ever got was 34 MPG going no faster than 70 MPH for a long freeway drive.

I love my Kizashi, but often think of other cars. I'm not looking to get rid of the car as there's nothing wrong, but I often daydream about experiences in other cars ranging from overlanding in a rugged 4x4 to driving scenic roads in a convertible Miata. However, my daily reality is grueling traffic in Washington, DC. I commute two hours a day while only traveling within 35 miles. It's a lot of stop-and-go traffic given the congestion in DC and the fact that it has some of the worst infrastructure in regards to freeways. I'm quite tried of the traffic and having 3 pedals makes it a lot worse. Due to this, I'm pretty much sold on electrified powertrains that make the most out of city conditions. Electric motors are the most efficient at city driving so PHEVs and even hybrids really appeal to me. Factor in that my Kizashi gets 16 MPG while crawling around in 1st and 2nd gear in rush hour traffic. I was able to live-monitor my fuel consumption with Dash Command while stuck in horrid traffic to monitor the consumption.

In the end, I plan to keep my car as the Kizashi is too good to let go. It's a nice car for the value and I fully own it. It's reliable, comfortable, and looks good. I also dig the awesome RF sound system and the Bluetooth capabilities. I think the main thing I need to do is really get a chance to enjoy the car by driving it other than for commuting.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

I lived both in Arlington (as close as one can get to the Pentagon) and in Gaithersburg.
I worked downtown.
I understand your commute.

Another good reason I moved to Vermont........
KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote:I lived both in Arlington (as close as one can get to the Pentagon) and in Gaithersburg.
I worked downtown.
I understand your commute.

Another good reason I moved to Vermont........
Yup. My girlfriend lives in Crystal City in Arlington, VA. Literally walking distance to the Pentagon. I live in College Park, MD, barely inside the Capital Beltway and on the diagonally opposite end of the Beltway from Arlington. I work several blocks away from the Capitol building in DC. My commute in DC is a nightmare and considerably worse than the Southern California traffic jams I endured for years when I lived there. The issue with LA is traffic density. The issue with DC is that plus dismal freeway infrastructure, pathetic drivers, the lack of synchronized traffic lights on surface streets, endless construction, and the plentiful bridges for the Potomac and Anacostia rivers which slow down traffic flow. There are so many factors that make DC a terrible place for driving. It's statistically the worst place in America for distance traveled vs. time taken in traffic jams for the reasons I stated. It's also got the most accident-prone drivers in the nation. Hence, I got myself a dash cam.
Last year, I visited my brother in Los Angeles and dropped him off at his work so I could use his car during the day. He warned me about the horrid LA morning rush hour traffic. I drove it to drop him off and laughed at him. It was a breeze compared to DC. Yes, there's traffic but it's simply not as atrocious as DC. His car is an automatic and mine a manual too.

I'd love to move to a place like Vermont or a place more in nature were I don't have to deal with traffic jams and drivers who look at their smartphone screens more than out of their windshields. I remain hopeful for one day ending up in a better place but for now, I must endure.
I really think I'd enjoy my Kizashi ownership experience more if 90% of it didn't entail me sitting in atrocious DC traffic, banging my head against the steering wheel in frustration.
FrankoLaMoya

wow '12Zashi209. It is like I was reading something I would have written... lol Same as you. Bought a 2012 Kizashi Sport iAWD in October 2012 and never had any major problem with it. I am currently at 60 000 kilometers and I only changed some rear sway bar bushings a month ago. About 15 people asked me if it was a Lexus, Audi or Mercedes. I've had a lot of people passing me by to check what kind it is (rear is debadged). I am also often thinking about buying a WRX due to the lack of power in the Kizashi, but I love mine too much! and I do not ‘‘love’’ the new WRX model. I mean the Kizashi has an awesome look (especially the sport models), chrome double exhaust, Rockford Fosgate audio system, AWD, reliable, comfortable, etc. The fuel economy is not the greatest, but it is worth it in my opinion. What else do you need? Power? I don't...
Last edited by FrankoLaMoya on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

Occasionally worked in Crystal City (bought my wife's engagement ring there) and had many friends in College Park.

(More than just the traffic) I was going postal; HAD TO go......and since my wife is from VT, and we'd visited, I chose it.
Also: You can pass over the double-yellow, and at that time was the only state to allow permit-less concealed carry.
'12Zashi209

FrankoLaMoya wrote:wow '12Zashi209. It is like I was reading something I would have written... lol Same as you. Bought a 2012 Kizashi Sport iAWD in October 2012 and never had any major problem with it. I am currently at 60 000 kilometers and I only changed some rear sway bar bushings a month ago. About 15 people asked me if it was a Lexus, Audi or Mercedes. I've had a lot of people passing me by to check what kind it is (rear is debadged). I am also often thinking about buying a WRX due to the lack of power in the Kizashi, but I love mine too much! and I do not ‘‘love’’ the new WRX model. I mean the Kizashi has an awesome look (especially the sport models), Rockford Fosgate audio system, AWD, reliable, comfortable, etc. The fuel economy is not the greatest, but it is worth it in my opinion. What else do you need? Power? I don't...

Lol exactly, idk what exhaust mine has since I bought it with it on already but my neighbor came up to me one time when o was in my garage and was surprised to see it was a suzuki, he said it sounded like an am passing his house :D . Fuel economy isn't a real issue for me, I love the fosgate system and everything about the car. If I actually plan on dropping a new engine into it when this one gives out. I don't plan on letting it go lol.
KuroNekko

'12Zashi209 wrote: If I actually plan on dropping a new engine into it when this one gives out. I don't plan on letting it go lol.
If you take care of it, it will be a very long time.