Suzuki vs. other automakers

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Senegal

just to put things in perspective, Suzuki vs. others. Of course, Suzuki corp. has other lines of production (bikes, marines, etc) as well.

"In 2009, SMC sold more than 2.3
million new cars and trucks and more than 2.8 million motorcycles and ATVs"

Subaru (Fuji) stood at 491,352, BMW at 1,258,417, Mazda at 984,520.
Capture.JPG
NJKizashi

purpleanga

Yea Suzuki USA is not doing too well. It's not their cars, they make a lot of sense for the middle of the road middle class buyer. I guarantee that if it was the TOYOTA Kizashi, it would be flying off the dealers. I also did some shopping at Toyota and I noticed the sales men weren't even trying at all, it's because their cars sell themselves. So the problem again is that Suzuki just doesn't have the recognition and support as other car brands. They desperately need help in that department. I notice that they've done a lot of advertising on car magazines but that's pretty much it.

Hopefully driving around town in the Kizashi will at least bring some sort of recognition.

On a side note, I rented the Chevy Camaro a few months ago and another owner that drove by, waved at me. I thought it was just a one time thing but the next few days EVERY SINGLE Camaro owner that made eye contact, waved. I'm still waiting for that day where I can actually wave to another Kizashi driver. :mrgreen:
autopiolet

What was your impression of the Camaro? It looks big on the outside with many blind spots and the seats look like they set too low. True or not?
purpleanga

autopiolet wrote:What was your impression of the Camaro? It looks big on the outside with many blind spots and the seats look like they set too low. True or not?
TRUE! It's because they compromised on visiblity to keep that concept car design. The first impression when you get in is how low the roof is as well as the lack of visiblity. I had never seen anything like it. The windows have a very low hight, maybe a little over a foot or some ridiculous number, basically your shoulders are below the windows when you're in the regular driving position and your head is still very close to the roof! You get used to the forward and side visiblity relatively quckly but the major problem is the rear vislibity. Backing out of a parking spot? Forget about it! You need about 3 pairs of eyes. You basically need a marshaler to park the Camaro if you live in tight spots. Still a VERY sweet car and very comfortable, it drives really well for a sports car.
metatrox

I have to admit I'm pretty surprised with the numbers compared to Mitsubishi and Mazda. Im sure thats world wide stats for Suzuki though. If they would just get out their and advertise then we could get things rollin!
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.