Pull, Pull, pulling never stops.

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Dego

I at my absolute wits end with this fucking heap of shit. I have owned this car for two years and have had no less than six alignments. The car still pulls to the drives side and even thought it reads as fully aligned on the computer systems it continues to pull to the drives side and eat up tires on the front drivers side. Don't even get me started in snow driving and AWD, all it wants to do is step out in the direction I am turning.

Ive posted here before with no real good suggestions. The car has been to several different garages none can find anything wrong with the car. I curse the day I ever laid eyes on this burden.

Please for the love of god someone suggest something that might save this load from a gas can and a match!
FrankoLaMoya

I assume they did align the steering wheel first before doing the car's alignment, but some shop forget to do it. I had the same type of issue for the past year or two and It is probably not bad at all like yours...it does not pull...the steering Wheel is not a little off-center. I am pretty it started to do that after I hit a curb at low speed. Your Kizashi possibly hit a curb one day and something messed up the alignment.

http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/307

I hope you are not a troll buddy... ''Don't even get me started in snow driving and AWD, all it wants to do is step out in the direction I am turning.'' Seriously? Do you have the AWD system on? lol Do you have summer tires during winter or what? I had 2 Audi A4 Quattro prior to my 2012 Kizashi and the handling/AWD system is better. I did not get stuck several times when SUV, truck and even a Hummer were stuck...
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

Take it to a race shop that can tweek camber and caster for less nervous steering; proper settings can enhance on-center stability.
Dego

Not a troll, this car sucks in the snow. I have lived in New England for 40 years and our winters are awful. I have had rear wheel drive sports cars that I have felt safe in during snow stores than this car. Tires are Eagle GTA all season. Brand new last winter.

Ill try the speed shop, if that doesn't work I don't know what I am going to do. I can only get 6K trade in.
Moto
Site Admin

I would be interested to see if you drove another one to see what you think of it.

I assume you have tried multiple alignment shops?

I've never driven an AWD Kizashi in the snow, but I drove and sx4 around in the snow and it was a mountain goat. I've seen videos of people trying to get the kizashi sideways in the snow. It should be a struggle. I've been running this forum for 7 years and I haven't seen anyone complain about the car "stepping out". I wish you lived near me I would be interested to slide around under your car and see what it looks like.

It sounds like something could be off with your AWD system in addition to the alignment. Are you the original owner of the car? Given your description is almost sounds like you could be sending power to 3 wheels rather than 4.

As for the alignment, if you could find another kizashi you could take probably take measurements with a measuring tape. If it is as bad as it sounds you should almost be able to tell with fairly low tech measuring devices.

If you could find a local autocross club and ask around I sort of bet you would be able to find a guy to at least tune the care so it doesn't pull.
Woodie

Sounds to me as if the rear wheels are toed out.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

Moto wrote: Given your description is almost sounds like you could be sending power to 3 wheels rather than 4.
Given the AWD system in the car, don't know how that would be possible. However, extreme effort... to eliminate any AWD rear drive line gremlin concerns, aside from any electronically induced ABS ones, completely remove the rear drive shaft. People have driven their SX4s w/o the rear shaft installed while u-joints were being replaced or while locating a replacement shaft.

Has anyone checked the brakes on thi car? NE weather and salt plays hell on brake system components. By now though I'd expect there'd be other tell-tale signs of sticky/dragging brakes. Worth a look-see.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Moto
Site Admin

Yeah, after looking at it a little I don't think it would be possible without being able to hear a problem. I was kind of thinking a rear Axel half shaft could have been cut or sheared off and left in place. It would cause other noticeable issues even if it was cut out and left in place.

I've hear where old subaru guys have had to temporarily run 3 wheel drive. The key is old. It doesn't look like you could do it with new ones (significant effort is required to avoid additional damage).

*Edit.. Sorry :roll:
After more looking it definitely should not be a mechanical issue with the kizashi. * Not possible.
Dego

I bough the car form a Toyota dealership with 12k miles on it. Passes the car fax report.
Ive had 3 different places look over the car and two different places have done 5 alignments on it.
The computer reads that the car is within acceptable limits.

Brand new brakes all the way around 2k miles ago. Every 3k oil changes and full point inspection preformed.
Nothing broken, bent or out of place.

I have to fight the steering wheel at my traveling speed of 80MPH. Car pulls the same with AWD on and off.
At slower speeds it is less noticeable.

No noises, pops, pings, grinds ect. Ive been working on cars since I was 15 and have never experienced anything like this.

P.S. Best all wheel drive care of all time was a 91 Eagle Talon Turbo. I would take that 91 all day over this 11.
dslatsh

Interesting. Mine pulls to the left as well. I am going in for an alignment next week. My steering wheel could be a little straighter.

As for the awd and snow I feel ya there i live in western ny. In my opinion all seasons suck if you.know you.have harsh winters get some damn snow tires and an extra set of steel rims preferably 16 inch. 18 inch wheels aren't that great for winter driving. I know a guy who.had same car said car is like a tank with 16 inch steel rims and winter tires.