Launch control

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Brock

Can any one confirm that the AWD has launch control?

I'm sure I remember reading some where years ago that it had it.

Thanks
Speed_Racer

I'm pretty sure it does not. Though a lot of CVTs limit the RPMs you can hold while brake torquing - mainly to prevent damage to the CVT and not for faster launches.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
Brock

Sweet as thank you very.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nipplah

Can confirm CVT doesn't have launch control and it's actually pretty slow off the line but the acceleration doesn't seem to really slow until around 80 mph.
Brock

When you say it's slow acceleration, I have a written off FWD Kizashi.

Do you mean it's slow compared to it?

Or just in general the Kizashi line up.

Thanks

Nipplah

I've never driven a fwd or any other kizashi let alone seen another in my area, But the AWD system is an extra 300-400 pounds or something. From what other people have said a standard transmission feels faster in this car. Torque feels non existent before 3k rev area, it's worth a test drive if you'd like. I liked it more than the Mazda speed6 I tried, which I thought I was going to end up with.
Brock

Ok, I'll test drive them good idea!!

That's what I really like with this club, someone out there knows the answer.

KuroNekko

Keep in mind that features like Launch Control are really for performance vehicles. You won't find them in vehicles like the Kizashi or other midsize "family cars". Also, the vast majority of performance vehicles don't use CVTs and instead feature Dual Clutch Transmissions or more traditional automatics with torque converters. Many still offer manual transmissions as well, especially if they aren't luxury vehicles.

Given the various questions you have about the Kizashi's performance, I want to make it pretty clear that you shouldn't treat or expect the Kizashi to be some kind of high performance sedan. It's not. It's really more like a family sedan with above-average handling characteristics, but in all reality, is down on power even compared to its own segment rivals. A Toyota Camry with a V6 will annihilate the Kizashi in straight line acceleration very easily. Also factor in that the Kizashi has nearly no aftermarket support now so you really shouldn't get your expectations high about performance or modifications. It's really best enjoyed as a high build quality family sedan that's more interesting to drive than expected while offering an exceptional value.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Brock

Yes your 100% right!

I'm very grateful for you very detailed answers to my questions.

Cheers guys

Speed_Racer

Brock wrote:When you say it's slow acceleration, I have a written off FWD Kizashi.

Do you mean it's slow compared to it?

Or just in general the Kizashi line up.

Thanks

Motor Trend lists the CVT AWD 0-60mph time as 9.2 seconds, vs the FWD 6MT at 7.7 seconds.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/suzuki/k ... irst-test/
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000