Where to buy ball joints?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
suzuki

Hello,

So, I just got this used Kizashi and the right front needs ball joints. There is a lot of play when rocking the wheel with my hands at 6 and 12. The problem is I cant find them anywhere. I usually buy my parts on line (ebay) so I can compare prices, but I cant find these anywhere. Where does everyone get parts like this? The stealership or what? Thanks
Petr

KuroNekko

Compare prices at monsterfactoryparts.com too. They carry OE Suzuki parts for a bit cheaper than most other Suzuki parts sites.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
suzuki

Thanks for the help. I was looking for aftermarket part options. The OEM stuff is so expensive. It doesn't look like there is much at all available for this car, and that will prob just get worse as time goes on. Even eBay is mostly just used parts from wrecked cars. I should have looked into this more before I purchased it. It' worse then some exotic European car as far as parts go. I work on everything myself, so I can usually buy anything online an replace for a decent price, but this is frustrating.
LPSISRL

<Suzuki quality and reliability proponents insert comment here>
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

I think the problem with aftermarket Kizashi parts isn't so much the lack of them but more the lack of them getting referenced so they don't appear in compatibility lists, catalogues, etc. I think a lot of the Kizashi's components aren't bespoke to the vehicle however, given the car was very unpopular, the aftermarket wasn't keen on marketing parts for them. I'm quite confident that there are aftermarket ball joints and probably even shocks out there that fit the Kizashi, but given the aftermarket manufacturers didn't specifically make them for the Kizashi, they aren't listed as compatible vehicles for the parts.
For example, I have Moog rear anti-sway bar bushings on my car because they are much better than the ones that came with the RRM sway bar. However, I simply had to order by size rather than trying to look up the part by car. It takes a lot of time, research, and some luck to find, but I'm sure there are aftermarket parts that fit.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

LPSISRL wrote:<Suzuki quality and reliability proponents insert comment here>
:lol: Good one...yeah, Japanese built zuks are reliable for the most part. I'll still take one over any Ford, Chebby of CDJR for the money.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
golftango

Curious, what's the year/ mileage where the ball joints have already failed? Sure it's not a wheel bearing?

I don't think $269.07 is that bad for a new OE lower control arm. Or $91 for a used one on eBay from a 41K mile donor.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
suzuki

Hey everyone. It turns out it was just a loose cv axle nut, which caused a ton of play in the right front. I'm glad I caught it before anything else was ruined. The car was wrecked before I bought it and the axle was replaced, but I guess it wasn't torqued to 185 ft lbs like it should have been. Anyway, all is well now.

BTW, I am not looking for cheap Chinese aftermarket parts. When I do suspension part changes I like to stick with Moog. They are quality, and online, about half the price of Moog at Advance or Auto Zone. Anyway, the car is driving very nicely now. Just got the rotors turned this weekend, so they are great now to. I've had the car about a week-and I really like it! It's a 2011 Sport SLS with 83K on it. Thanks for the input...
LPSISRL

What color. If it's silver, it'm my twin with almost the exact same mileage.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)