Rims

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
CG1

Sentenced1979 wrote:Does anyone have different colors than the original?
Sentenced1979

Thank you!
I burn the gas, Prius owners save.

2011, Suzuki Kizashi SLS.
Onikarge

Image[/quote]

That are the best rim´s match for a black KZ I´ve ever seen, I guess they are 19" and the car seems about 4 cms lowered, am I right?
Sentenced1979

Is the chrome trim painted in the same color as the rest of the car?

CG1

The chrome trim is indeed body matched. And yep, 19x9.5. I don't know how much it dropped from factory, but I set the tire tops flush with the fender, which is the same as saying 'no gap, no tuck'.
gobster

Finally got around to putting my rims on. These are 20x9 with a 35 offset and 245/30 tyres. Overall size is only 14mm shorter than the factory 18s. The car has the H&R lowered springs (1.6" front and rear) and no, the photo isn't reversed, this car is an Aussie :D
Attachments
Zook 1.jpg
Zook 1.jpg (341.75 KiB) Viewed 8644 times
Zook 2.jpg
Zook 2.jpg (320.54 KiB) Viewed 8644 times
Sentenced1979

Went by the shop today, to have a look at the damaged paint.
This is what they look like.

Will post a picture when the new paint is on.
Attachments
DSC_0123.JPG
DSC_0123.JPG (244.41 KiB) Viewed 8622 times

Sentenced1979

Thanks for the pictures, people. Great looking cars!
Gobster, your ride looks slick!

cobymark

CG1 wrote: Image
Nice VMR wheels. Are those 19's? Any rubbing issue? I like them and the 5-spoke KMC KM685 that I saw at car|truck wheels - 4wheelonline. Just can't decide yet whether to stay 18's or get 19's.
CG1

cobymark wrote:Are those 19's? Any rubbing issue? I like the 5-spoke KMC KM685. Just can't decide yet whether to stay 18's or get 19's.
19's are aesthetically pretty conservative on this car. Of course, when it comes to aesthetics, it's all preference. Some guys like 'em slammed/flush, some sporty/OE+, and some donk/gangster. I like them all when done well, but each one would take a different type/size wheel to pull it off.

As for geometry, the setup pictured is 19x9.5ET45, 255/35 D7's and it never rubbed, but I pulled the liners. The wheel offset and tire width will dictate the rub, not so much the OD. I tend to call this setup about as bold as you want to get in terms of the envelope size before you have to start cambering in, moving metal around or be constrained to running OE ride height. Close to rubbing the fenders on the outsides, and somewhat close to rubbing the strut housing on the inside while staying within the alignment spec. Looks like the KM685 comes in a 19x9.5ET42 for our lug, so if you're targeting the pictured fitment, you should be well on your way to replicating it with that wheel. You may want to grab a set of eccentric strut bolts in case you want/need to camber the front in a degree or two. Our car naturally runs more in the rear, so matching that with the front will add symmetry, and help keep you from rubbing at the same time.

This is one of my favorites to don 19's. Super simple .. dubs and drop, but it's real cohesive. The machined surfaces on the wheels tie in the SLS chrome accents, the thick euro spokes seem at home on a somewhat chunky body style, and the matte black barrels give a nice contrast while also shading out the shitty looking OE brakes. And of course, there's the SEMA car by RRM, which is has had bit more work done to it.

Get er done, yo.