TPMS sensors- $45? No, but $50 each!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Hawkzilla

Update - My TPMS came on again during my Thanksgiving vaca. It stayed on for 3 days then finally turned off while driving on cruise. I've said it before and will say it again, it is RIDICULOUS how many warning signals they have for low tire pressure. THREE on the dash, with one flashing continuously?? Really Suzuki?? I literally had to put a post-it over my display since the flashing was so distracting.

As far as snow travel on the reg tires goes... I drove on very slick snow packed streets and came to a stop at a red light on the middle of a fairly steep hill. In the past my Cougar would have been in trouble so i was curious how the Kiz would respond will normal all-season radials. Light turned green and I drove like I normally would. The street was tapered towards the curbs and I was in the right lane, so it started to slip for a half-second (I was accelerating like I normally do, mind you) then the TC kicked in and it was no problem. I zipped up that hill like a squirrel on crack. Considering the conditions of that road, I can honestly say that snow tires would be a complete waste of money for me on this car. Once again, I have nothing against anyone that likes the snow tires, but a light AWD vehicle with a decent TC system gets around so well on reg tires I just don't see the value of the snow tires. I have also driven in two ice storms already and no problem there either, though it's tempting to drive faster than I should in those conditions now. 8-)
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
Ronzuki

$500-600 (or more) ATEQ VT55 tool required to work this TPSM system...annoying lights are their way of enticing you to come on in and pay them to deal w/ it for ya! :twisted:
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
chazyouwin

How're the snows and TPMS choices doing so far? I want to purchase Blizzak snows for 16" steel wheels - I assume there's no problem substituting 16" wheels for the stock 18" on the SLS.

We had a big dump yesterday and today - the two Zuke XL-7s are doing well in it as always!

Charles
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
sloopercat

Sensors are working fine, light went on once because the pressure had dropped due to the cold. We have had very little snow in Kansas City, both times I was out of town. It was 68F yesterday and supposed to hit 60F today. No chance to use the winter tires, other than enhanced cold pavement grip.
Zeid

I bought 16'' General Altimax Arctic tires for my Kizashi GTS AWD and had them installed on 16'' alloys since they were only $10 more from Dunn Tire than steel wheels. They look great (check out the photo) and will hold up much better than rusting steel (also have more value if/when I sell the car).

The tires worked phenomenally in the record breaking snowfall we've had in Rochester, NY. When the roads weren't congested with a thousand cars going 10 MPH, I flew down highways and never had any issues with braking, steering, or acceleration.

I did feel the limits of the tires though when taking a turn a bit too fast, and the stability control kicked in, but it definitely has some wiggle room because I believe Suzuki engineers tuned it in that manner.

I put the Kizashi in 2WD when going up a slight hill in my local town and the traction control was working hard to get the car going. I turned around and did the same thing in AWD mode and there was -0- drama or issues, it went up the hill like it were dry pavement.

This is my first vehicle with the capability of having all four wheels receiving power, and I will never go back to 2WD as long as I live in a snowbelt state.

You can check out weekly updates on my blog: http://thecd-z.blogspot.com/
Attachments
Suzuki_Kizashi_Washed.jpg
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com