114 Days: Pt III (3rd time's a charm)

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

NBD, I just like explaining "weshoot2" :mrgreen:
Ronzuki

WESHOOT2 wrote:I've noticed hard cornering chews the inside edges off. I suggest suspension geometry is the 'wear' culprit.

I mean, mixed with 'driving style' 8-)
Well, you would know :lol: You've gone through more sets of tires on your first K than I have in my entire life! Sounds like my driving style is the ultimate culprit...oh well, that's certainly not gonna change (least not until I no longer have the Kiz). Sooo, cheap well rated tires, here I come.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
LPSISRL

Ronzuki wrote:
LPSISRL wrote:I'm with Kuro. My factory tires went 45K. Replaced with Continentals and they took me another 50K. I have another set of Continentals on it now. A buddy of mine is an engineer at Continental and can get them for less than $100 each on tirerack.com. I do rotate them when I change the oil. While I don't romp around like "Westoot" (LOL... maybe that's what the wife call's him) I'm not easy on them either when it comes to entrance and exit ramps. My wife involuntarily grabs the door handle.
I don't get it. Quality of tires? My original Continentals lasted about 18k before the inner tread area's belts were about ready to show. Original factory alignment specs throughout their life, and, when it handled the absolute best. Ever since that set of tires I've been on the modified alignment specs, save some experimentation on the Generals. As I've indicated, it's literally spot on, dead-nuts center spec right now w/ the Kumhos and they're not going to pass state inspection in December.

I romp the back road twisties hard on dry pavement any chance I get w/ the AWD active and don't really change that much when it's wet even. Curved on/off ramps are a nice controlled bonus and I usually accelerate hard through them, on or off depending. Other than that, the only difference I see is the quality of the tires then. That, or my driving style is harder on the tires than I think it is (probably).
Just picking here but were not the factory tires Dunlops?

Also, I think I've had my Kizashi aligned 3 times in 70Kmiles. Had it aligned when I first got it with 33K miles on it and found out about the new specs, when I replaced the tires the first time at 45K and then about 95K when I bumped a curb.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

No problem, pick away. Yes, they were Dunlops... model ASxxxx or SP something or others I think.

My Kizashi's been on a rack 5 or 6 times across the 3 sets of tires and I am nearing 80k miles. Did a couple what-if adjustments with a suspension guy early on with the second set of tires (General Gmax). Ultimately found the updated TSB specs to be the best of both worlds as far as wear and handling were concerned. The original 2010 factory specs yielded superior handling and horrendous tire wear. With the newer specs Suzuki issued (due to excessive tire wear complaints) tires are wearing longer, just not as long or as even as I'd like. Handling noticeably suffers a bit if you drive it hard. My guess is most wouldn't have noticed any difference.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

Dunlop SP7000

Last tank Mobil premium 27.7MPG of heavy-footin'.

Took the new tires dancing yesterday afternoon. Was heavily loaded up in 40MPH-marked left curve going about 70 and was still able to dodge a critter that skittered into the road.
"Sterering precision", yeah 8-)

WESHOOT2

Checked the tires; air pressure holding dead nuts, tread edges 'burnished', sidewalls untouched :shock:

WESHOOT2

Really enjoying this one's capable drive.
Recent stupid driving has been netting MPG in the 24 range.
Tires grip like mad.
Brakes not shuddering yet.

Wish the music played louder......

WESHOOT2

Tires seem good in the rain.
Whew.

bootymac

I haven't been around in a while so I was a bit surprised to see a Part 3! Happy to hear you enjoy the Kizashi so much
WESHOOT2

Thank you.

I kinda decided yesterday that I personally preferred my AWD GTS Sport on smooth pavement.
But I do most of my driving in Vermont, and I kinda decided that I prefer the S/SE suspension for hurtling down unpaved paths.
ESPECIALLY riding on the 225/50 R17 tires on 17lb 17X7.5" wheels.

I think I'm driving even crazier.........

Last tank mixed brands-n-grades 28.5MPG