Safety Recall - Spiders round 2

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Woodie

Those calls for extended warranty coverage have nothing to do with the car or the dealer, they're just con men calling random numbers, or they bought your info from the DMV.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
n8dogg

I finally relented and took my Kizashi in for the seat and the fuel tank recalls. Like some others here, I have reservations about letting any dealer work on any of my cars. I like to do all my own maintenance and repairs if I can. The dealer is very close to my house so if there are any problems after the repair, It's easy for me to pop right back in there to get it done right; this did happen previously on the steering lock recall. It took one extra trip to get it all put back together right. This time parts came in quickly and I got the car right in. It was an estimated 6 hr. job...took about 4 days to get it back! I'm not surprised seeing how they probably don't get many Kizashi's to work on...or blame it on COVID, every one else does! Anyways, so far so good. Seat cover was replaced along with the fuel tank, cap set, canister and lines. The tech rep stated that all the fuel tank parts in question had to be tested and confirmed failing before the new parts would be covered by the recall. All failed, all replaced. Not sure what conditions I drive in that may have contributed to that. Otherwise, he noted that at 130k miles, the car looked immaculate (mechanically speaking) and the only other recommendation for service was to note that the rear brake pads are down to 3mm. Fronts were noted on the inspection report to be at 8mm. Funny, I'm still on the original front pads but have replace the rear once before already.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!