Overhead Ambient lighting

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
ben-gal-fan

Not sure if anyone is aware or not, but our Kizashis are "supposed" to have overhead ambient lighting as well as ambient footwell lighting. I have found the lights in the overhead console near the dome light. There are 2 led style lights. The problem is that they are red and point more towards the radio/temp area and are very dim.. Very poor effort by Suzuki.

We also have a 2006 Honda Odyssey that has an amber colored ambient overhead light that shines directly down to the center cupholder area.

I find the need to find my beverage in the dark a whole lot more useful than being able to see my feet in the dark.

How about you?

I'll be sure to ask my dealer about this lovely "feature" at my 7500 mile service in a few weeks.
EnfinityX

dont remember seeing anything like that
autopiolet

I haven't seen any overhead red lights. I thinks I've pushed all the buttons there are. Where did you read about this feature?
metatrox

Yea there are 2 red lights that light up at night. They are very faint and shine down from the plastic consol up top where the sun roof buttons are.
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
autopiolet

I've seen those lights but they look like the tiny red back lights on all the buttons, those do not look like they are meant to illuminate anything but themselves.
EnfinityX

if u need to see ur drink just install an led into the cup holder wall (angled slightly downwards) and wire it up to the ambient lighting system. when it goes dark the led will light up the whole cupholder. and when u put a drink there the space around the cup will light up, unless ur drinking from like a jumbo sized cup
mapeterson2

^^ That's a good idea!
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
JDReichert

Those two small red lights are basicly so you can see the upper dash where the CD slot is located. If you lower the white dash lights to a very low level then the overhead red LED's work better. :D :D

Jerry - 2010 SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
TheHolyGhost

Mine illuminate around my shift knob, they're just not particularly apparent because the center stack is already pretty damn bright.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
EnfinityX

i see what you mean by the red leds. i indeed do have them and they are useless. =]. i think they'd only work if it was a pitch black street, and you set the dash brightness to lowest.