After Kizashi - What New Vehicle?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Firefly

Been six years since I last drove my 2011 SLS, and still remember it fondly as possibly my favorite ride. Have any of you moved to something that compares to the overall Kiz experience? What new vehicle today compares best?
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
Ronzuki

50 views, zero replies. There's your answer.
Great question. Doubt anyone on this forum is going to offer any astounding replacements. I certainly have none.

WESHOOT's on number 3 and has tickled us w/ other possible prospects each time he's scoured the earth for another Kizashi.
It's getting time for him to start searching again....stay tuned....
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

I plan to keep my Kizashi for the long haul and decided that the vehicle that will replace it will be radically different beyond comparison. I basically want to keep it until a time that driving a manual transmission gasoline car would be behind the times. It's not far off but it's not here yet either. I really can't think of a car right now worth giving up my reliable, comfortable, and fully-paid for Kizashi. Most new cars seem newer, but not really better in a significant way and certainly don't have the value factor the Kizashi excels at.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

After thinking about this a bit, I'd have to say there's really nothing anymore wrong w/ Mazda than any other brand. Their reliability is way up there on the charts. The styling is nice and the interior is very Kizashi like. The body structure of the CX5 is nowhere near as rigid as the Kizashi. I already have a creak so-to-speak at the passenger door/dash/A-pillar area after only 15,000 miles of gentle driving. I don't hit holes, man-holes or the like anything that will jolt the suspension. I purposely avoid crappy roads when I drive so as to not pound my vehicles. The CX5 itself is a lumbering, meh-too CUV. That said, I did have a 2019 CX3 or new 3, can't recall, as a loaner and enjoyed the act of driving it. My only gripe is that there's far too much nanny-minder distracted-driver-assist BS in any of them, no matter the brand. Years ago I test drove a used 2013 Mazda 6 for my daughter and really liked it. Solid vehicle. However, it was a lot bigger than the perfect size (for me) Kizashi. I'd like to get in to a new one and see how it compares.
Ron

Onikarge

I would go for a Kia Stinger, reasons: it is a magnificent flagship made by one non-premium honest and reliable Company (like Suzuki), it is both sportive & comfy, very hard to see and has a great price as well, just like the Kizashi had. It´s much more a GT than a sedan,right, but i think the comparision is close if we refer to the basic idea.

I´m not an expert but I think Subaru made another unlucky flagship car (coupe) with its impressive Alcyone- SVX in the 90´s : another criminally misunderstood great car.

The truth is that having an awesome car, unicorn kind, like one of these, so understimated by most buyers is another reason for satisfaction.
Ronzuki

Onikarge wrote:I would go for a Kia Stinger...
Sure, I'd be all over one of those...way different price point than what I believe we are discussing here replacing a Kizashi. However, no doubt, good choice.
Ron

Firefly

Onikarge wrote:I would go for a Kia Stinger...
I can see that. The fact that there aren't five on every block helps. As far as price, if it seems a bit high, I'll compare to my 2011 SLS AWD fully loaded, which listed at just under $30k. Around the high end of midsize cars of the time, and adjusted for inflation, about $34k in 2020, about the starting price of a Stinger. Gas mileage is the same for both vehicles.
Firefly

Ronzuki wrote:After thinking about this a bit, I'd have to say there's really nothing anymore wrong w/ Mazda than any other brand. Their reliability is way up there on the charts. The styling is nice and the interior is very Kizashi like. ...Years ago I test drove a used 2013 Mazda 6 for my daughter and really liked it. Solid vehicle. However, it was a lot bigger than the perfect size (for me) Kizashi. I'd like to get in to a new one and see how it compares.
I went directly from the Kizashi to a 2015 Mazda 6. It was a pleasant, refined, roomy experience, with way better gas mileage, but it was not as fun to drive. The non-turbo did not have enough off-the-line torque. Gunning from a stop sign with a couple of passengers and the AC on, it was like running on 2 cylinders. Scary. The newer Turbo 6 is probably better in that respect, but have not driven one.
Knightstruth

The stinger at a used car price. I know it might still be more spendy even used, but to me it fits the mold of a Kiz successor. It is practical and sporty, but it is rare enough to turn heads. The biggest drawback is its price because at least in my area the best I could find was around 25k for the base model. The problem with the 25k price is you can find more well equipped used cars at that price.
Onikarge

Well, when I thought about the Stinger I didn't pay much attention to the price because I've always bought second-hand cars and this model it's still very recent, however I´m convinced -by experience- that it´s very different to buy a second-hand standard car from another vehicle that represents the best work of a -straightforward- brand. Very likely the beloved Kizashi was the Suzuki´s masterpiece like Stinger represents Kia´s peak (in sport+comfort terms at least).

Looking for more information about the unusual Stinger I have also realized that it has had more publicity and visibility than the kizashi, in fact I have found very interesting ads about this GT, and after seeing the ads it seems clear that putting a brilliant V6 +twinturbo on this machine is certainly a right hit that Kizashi lacked, a V6 Kizashi would have been spectacular, the car really deserved a full powered engine...

Anyway, from worst to best (IMO), take a look to these gorgeous ads:

Stinger sounds
Emerson Fittipaldi
Outlaw horses
S. Tyler
BP 2019 tour
Into overdrive