CVT fluid looks brand new?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
DonDude

My daughter recently purchased a 2012 Kisashi sport. I checked her transmission fluid and it is crystal clear? She has put approx 6000 miles on it since she bought it. The car has 120,000 miles on odometer. How is it possible? Wouldn't you need to replace transmission in order to get the CVT fluid so clean?
Ronzuki

How are you determining "crystal clear"? Have you drained fluid and looked at it in a container? What appears on your rag is definitely not what a couple ounces out of the trans will look like. That said, it is possible someone did the painstakingly long-n-slow poor-man's flush which would get rid of all of the old spent fluid. by disconnecting cooler return line and pumping old fluid out utilizing the CVT's own pump. All the while dumping fresh new fluid in. This requires starting and stopping the engine (thus starting and stopping the CVT's pump) many many times while refilling the pan to pump out more fluid. This is risky as you run the risk of sucking the pan empty and running the pump dry several times throughout the entire process.

Suzuki did not recommend a commercial powered type flush (BGE or other) years ago when I'd inquired by calling ASMC out in Brea, Calif. I suspect it has to do with the cartridge filter element the JF011E CVT contains. Conventional ATs do not have this type of filter (to the best of my knowledge).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SAEED_KIZZY

DonDude wrote:My daughter recently purchased a 2012 Kisashi sport. I checked her transmission fluid and it is crystal clear? She has put approx 6000 miles on it since she bought it. The car has 120,000 miles on odometer. How is it possible? Wouldn't you need to replace transmission in order to get the CVT fluid so clean?
it can be if the previous owner takes good care of the car. mine at 100k still looks brand new oil. just regular CVT oil change can do that.