Delayed Throttle Response in 2013 Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Endeavour1200

I cant properly explain this problem, as I myself cant quite troubleshoot what the problem is, but i'll try my best.

When i press the throttle, the engine responds after a delay. Like after pressing the accelerator, there is a significant delay(1-2seconds maybe?) before the RPMs rise. Its like the car registers the input after some time. Dont know if the throttle body is shot or some other component. Its like the pedal needs to be adjusted, but a mechanic said it is an electric pedal which cant be adjusted (I dont trust him btw). The engine is late to respond, is how i think of it.
Keep in mind the car has 2 codes (downstream O2 sensor), and a check engine light, but I doubt the codes are causing the delay (although it can be possible). I have driven many other cars and never faced such a feeling, so i doubt that "Kizashi is made like that". Also, recently serviced with all fluids changed and spark plugs/other stuff checked properly.

If you guys can think of some possible problem that may be causing it, or if you faced it, please let me know. Thanks alot. I can provide any more info if required (if you need a video too, i can record it).
TB16

Hi, so I've the same exact problem in my 2012 kizashi MT. The is a delay in the throttle response. I'll be going for a service next month and will talk to my service advisor here in New Delhi. Let's see. Could be as simple as a dirty throttle body? What do you think?
Endeavour1200

Hey fellow indian, yeah I think the throttle body could be shot, but do let me know once you go to the advisor. Thanks!
old tech

Start with the cheap and simple on this on. Clean maf and throttle body, check air filter is factory type and clean. Erase codes and test drive through a few warm up cycles. Recheck codes. Tell us codes, current milage and symptons.
Endeavour1200

old tech wrote:Start with the cheap and simple on this on. Clean maf and throttle body, check air filter is factory type and clean. Erase codes and test drive through a few warm up cycles. Recheck codes. Tell us codes, current milage and symptons.
Okay I'll do that and get back to you.

I was thinking could it a shot throttle position sensor? Something like it's not accurately portraying the position of the throttle and so the delay in the engine response. What are your thoughts?
old tech

I think it would be highly unlikely but not impossible for throttle position sensor to have failed and not flagged a code. If no change is felt after the maf and throttle body along with codes erased then Id unplug the possibly bad downstream o2
Endeavour1200

old tech wrote:I think it would be highly unlikely but not impossible for throttle position sensor to have failed and not flagged a code. If no change is felt after the maf and throttle body along with codes erased then Id unplug the possibly bad downstream o2
Yeah i agree, there has to be some sort of a code that shows up. Also, how can I clear the codes? My dad took it to the mechanic and he told me the mechanic could not clear the codes, despite having the OBDII connector and the app. Is there any such thing which prevents the codes from being cleared?

Anyways i'll go this week and get the parts cleaned, and i'll get back. Thanks a ton
Endeavour1200

TB16 wrote:Hi, so I've the same exact problem in my 2012 kizashi MT. The is a delay in the throttle response. I'll be going for a service next month and will talk to my service advisor here in New Delhi. Let's see. Could be as simple as a dirty throttle body? What do you think?
Hey @TB16 , so i was wondering if your kizashi has any error codes? Perhaps a bad O2 sensor (that my car has)? This may help us diagnose the delayed response, as it may be related to the O2 sensor. Thanks.
KuroNekko

I'm not a mechanic but with throttle response, I think you should check the three components for combustion: Fuel, air, and spark. Checking the MAF sensor, engine air filter, and throttle body would cover the air part. Clean those properly with the appropriate cleaners and replace a dirty air filter. For the fuel, run some quality fuel system cleaner with PEA. Not sure what you guys in India can get but I'm talking stuff like the higher end Techron or Gumout available in the USA. Lastly, check the spark plugs. The car came with iridium plugs that should be replaced around 100,000 miles (160,000 km). Also, if your car has that kind of mileage and you have oxygen sensor-related fault codes, just replace the sensor. It's time.
I personally run a fuel system cleaner at every oil change (about every 7000 miles). I also changed my spark plugs recently and cleaned my MAF, TB, and PCV valve. My Kizashi with 104,000 miles with the manual transmission runs very well.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LeoFromDE

KuroNekko wrote:I also changed my spark plugs recently and cleaned my MAF, TB, and PCV valve. My Kizashi with 104,000 miles with the manual transmission runs very well.
Do you know where to find the torques for those things by any chance?
I'm guessing the one for spark plugs is in the manual but I wouldn't know where to look for the others