Back in the Kizashi driver's seat

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
cityplanner

It's been a while since I've been on the forum, mainly due to the fact that I sold my 2010 GTS a few years ago. A friend bought it who needed a reliable car for his 16 yr old son. It had 125k miles and had been essentially bulletproof (I don't count the headlight issue or recalls) during my years of ownership. As he drove away I felt a strong sense of seller's remorse.

Fast forward to a few month's ago when I began searching for my own son's first car (he turns 16 next spring). With the used car market so hot during the pandemic, I found myself truly regretting having sold my Kizashi, because there was no way I was going to find a comparable car for anywhere near the $6k I got for mine. I stopped searching for TSX's with 100k+ miles and turned towards the Kizashi. Best decision I could have made.

I found the perfect seller in Akron, OH, who had maintained his 2013 SE AWD in immaculate condition. All records from new. Religious adherence to maintenance schedules. Thorough disclosure of the most minor issues. 43k miles. Best car ad for a non-exotic I have ever read. I couldn't hand him the money fast enough when we met in a mall parking lot and I did a walk around and noticed that there wasn't a single blemish on the car or the wheels. He and his wife always parked in the furthest parking space to avoid door dings, and were equally careful to avoid curb rash. It was practically in showroom condition inside and out.

Anyway, to wrap up this story I'll just say that I'm glad to be back in the Kizashi's seat until my son takes the wheel in May. He's getting his chaperoned hours in the car now, but it's going to be a struggle for me to revisit my daily driver when he gets his license. Great to be back in the Kizashi enthusiast family though!
Attachments
Passenger.jpg
Passenger.jpg (362.63 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
KiZoo

Good story! I own a 2012 SE in nearly the same condition as yours. Love this car. I have mine parked for the Wisco winter..

I don't ever see myself wanting to sell her either. Glad you are back!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
WESHOOT2

makes sense :mrgreen:
KuroNekko

Very nice to see you got a Kizashi again. I think they are great first cars for new drivers given the crash safety of the vehicle but without the excessive sensors and automated features that enable one to be more distracted from the road.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)