2010 Kizashi Lifespan Questions

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
NickL

If someone could share a link that would be really awesome...
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
KlutzNinja

NickL wrote:If someone could share a link that would be really awesome...
Sorry for the late reply but here it is:
https://allegro.pl/kategoria/czesci-sam ... t-1-2-1218

I don’t know if you can do some currency exchange or whatever to buy something from there, though.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
NickL

Thanks a lot man!

I just realized that this guy is selling a Kizashi OEM radio for arround 75 bucks which is reasonable price. For example, somebody else in Germany is selling the same device and wants 270 dollars for it. The man is crazy!

Anyway, the only problem is that I don't understand polish language at all. Hopefully the seller speaks and writes English so that we could somehow communicate. Otherwise I am lost. :)
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
KlutzNinja

NickL wrote:Anyway, the only problem is that I don't understand polish language at all. Hopefully the seller speaks and writes English so that we could somehow communicate. Otherwise I am lost. :)
I looked around on the allegro site for a few minutes and couldn’t find a way to change it to English, although there is a small section in English like terms of service and a help center.
There’s also an app, but it too is only in Polish. However, some of the reviews complained about the app not having an English option, and the developers said they are working on it (as of two months ago). So it sounds like it will happen eventually.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
TwoScoops

old tech wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:29 am These are rebuildable but should be approached a little differently. Changing fluid and cleaning pick up screen every 30k mile or more often and checking pan debris will help but the 6 balls in primary eventually will end up peeling and then breaking in half. At this point the primary is destroyed along with the belt and sometimes even the secondary. If driven until you notice some trouble, this is it most likely. If tackled when the balls start to peel or before, the balls can be traded out for long pins pretty easily. If a trans that had no symptoms and just the tranny was brought to me, I could do the conversion for like $150 but after it fails it would add $600 or more. A complete rebuild isn't needed unless it has over 180K or torn up.
How far are you from Layland WV? There's a 2010 S for sale there, AT/AWD, 149,000 miles on it. The listing simply says "needs transmission". Assuming the transmission is, in fact, the only problem... ballpark cost to have it rebuilt or replaced? ... If that's a repair you still do and you're within 200 miles of Layland my AAA would tow it up there.
Woodie

TwoScoops wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:01 am
old tech wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:29 am These are rebuildable but should be approached a little differently. Changing fluid and cleaning pick up screen every 30k mile or more often and checking pan debris will help but the 6 balls in primary eventually will end up peeling and then breaking in half. At this point the primary is destroyed along with the belt and sometimes even the secondary. If driven until you notice some trouble, this is it most likely. If tackled when the balls start to peel or before, the balls can be traded out for long pins pretty easily. If a trans that had no symptoms and just the tranny was brought to me, I could do the conversion for like $150 but after it fails it would add $600 or more. A complete rebuild isn't needed unless it has over 180K or torn up.
How far are you from Layland WV? There's a 2010 S for sale there, AT/AWD, 149,000 miles on it. The listing simply says "needs transmission". Assuming the transmission is, in fact, the only problem... ballpark cost to have it rebuilt or replaced? ... If that's a repair you still do and you're within 200 miles of Layland my AAA would tow it up there.
Welcome TwoScoops !

Look around a little, either yesterday or the day before old tech posted prices, I think he said $2,000.

Here it is: https://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... 616#p54616
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

Layland wv to Linesville Pa is 5 hrs. $1900 total before sales tax. If its here at 8am , Ill have you headed home next morning or earlier (I will have to clear schedule with a little advanced notice to do this). All JF011E Parts and specific needed Kizashi parts in stock. My message folder is full. I'll try to figure out how to empty it.
Zeid_Nasser

I'm in Rochester, NY and would make the drive to you. Have ~113k miles on mine, all stock and bought new myself in 2010. Had the fluid flushed and replaced twice with Suzuki OEM trans fluid at 70k and 90k. The filter and some other part too. It was whining a bit when after 30 min of driving back then but since the second flush at 90k all noises went away and it's been acting 100% normal except I think the rear struts are are shot.

Let me know the best way to reach you and I'll schedule an early summer visit.
2010 Kizashi GTS AWD
old tech

I try to keep most wear items new and in stock to avoid delays on a long travel customers plus I have 7 parts Kizashi's to aid in this as well. Business ph is 814 683 4863
Woodie

old tech wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:28 pm Layland wv to Linesville Pa is 5 hrs.
Hey old tech, you're very near Geopalooza, the annual get together of crazies like myself who own GEO Metros. It takes place on rt 33 near Pierpont, OH.

https://geometroforum.com/official-15th ... 62098.html
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency