114 Days: Pt IV Gettin' ludicrous

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

While I'm absolutely certain that the Crosstrek won't handle roads as well as the Kizashi, at least you got much better offroad performance with the Crosstrek without it handling like a truck. It will also have a plethora of aftermarket support unlike the Kizashi. The Crosstrek has become very popular in the last few years and I've seen some tricked out as overlanding vehicles. Even stock, they are among the most capable offroad vehicles short of something with a truck frame and traditional 4x4 system. A Crosstrek is also among my top Kizashi-alternatives but realistically, by the time I part with my Kizashi, I'll likely get something electrified. My brother just bought a 2022 RAV4 SE Hybrid per my recommendation. I'm looking forward to driving it.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

My driving style precludes plug-ins, and no hybrid (currently) excites me.

Light 17 x 7.5" wheels, shorter 225/50 summer tires, and a strut brace give me a summer handler, and tall snows will get me through the mud and snow.

Steerable LED lamps for these old blind eyes, adaptive cruise when I'm lazy, hot seats --power drivers-- and mirrors and wipers for comfort, CD player 'cause I'm old, push-button doors and start because after the Kizashi there is no going back to a key, and no heavy moon-roof or stupid floppy auto-dim mirror (washboaed dirt roads can have them flopping immediately).
It only got mats / flaps / rear bumper cover / rear seatback protector; in other words, as light a load as one could ever get.

And parts, parts everywhere!

We'll see; it ain't here yet.........
WESHOOT2

Beginning to be saddened by the fact I'll soon-enough be Kizashiless........

old tech

A word of advice for the new Subaru owner. Make sure whoever maintains and services your car knows the difference between the transmission drain and the engine oil drain. This sounds stupid but I have seen this probably five times over the years where someone drains the transmission instead of the engine oil . Subaru seems to hide that oil drain but yet the transmission one is right out there in the open. If you having someone else do the service work then I would suggest paint marking the transmission drain and maybe even painting the word NO on it. This can be a very expensive mistake. I just had someone do this on an Impreza Cvt the owner‘s son was doing The father a favor in changing the oil before he borrowed the car to go on 100 mile trip. This was a death march for the CVT transmission with a very expensive price tag and tow bill. There is no trans level dipstick and the transmission is to be filled from underneath with a little automotive voodoo procedure. Subaru’s cvt’s are somewhat better than Jatco,s at staying together. Only needing an occasional solenoid which are now available aftermarket separately rather than having to buy complete valve body. Toyota’s Cvts are clearly the most trouble free and now they have even added a launch gear to take the takeoff stress off of belt and pulleys. Ingenious. Like it or not Cvt’s are going to be a big part of future transmissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WESHOOT2

Before I Kizashied I Subarued starting in '91; I got plenty of Subie-folks around here, as it's officially the car of Vermont.
In all near-420K miles EVERY Kizashi oil change was done at the dealer.....

WESHOOT2

Counting down to the end...........hard to discern how I'll feel when i'm Kizashi-less.

WESHOOT2

So.......

Tonight I parked my fourth Kizashi since 12/23/2010 with 103,244 miles on it.
I pick up the new white 2022 Crosstrek Limited tomorrow; I'll be driving to the dealership in the 2016 CR-V with my wife.
Hope I like it.

WESHOOT2

Yeah, I like it. After a week here's my initial take:

Plenty of motor, great steering, corners pretty flat, decent interior, brakes brake.

Wheel/tire weighs 51lb+ per, and it feels it. We know its fix.......

Super gas mileage, 32 MPG on first measured fill. Nice.

Not as smooth or quiet or nice as the Kizashi.

ps leather is slippery
Drem

I was just reading this whole post and while I'm pretty late, I can probably help any of you eliminate rattles you commonly hear. As the resident car audio nerd I've spent many hours treating my interior for rattles. They're mostly in the panel screw covers and the light fixture in the roof in front of the rear view mirror.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
Ronzuki

WESHOOT2 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:04 am So.......

Tonight I parked my fourth Kizashi since 12/23/2010 with 103,244 miles on it.
I pick up the new white 2022 Crosstrek Limited tomorrow; I'll be driving to the dealership in the 2016 CR-V with my wife.
Hope I like it.

Hard to believe, but not surprising. A shame you couldn't half hit half a million miles in Kizashis. I've been off the forum for quite a while...and I'm sad for you.
Me, I'm going to roll mine out of the garage tomorrow morning for the summertime floggings to commence.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)