Orange vs Blue Coolant

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KizashiLtBlue11

I'm a female, so I'm trying to ensure my car uses all the correct stuff. I got my car fixed and asked if they had the blue coolant for my car.. The repair guy told me they use the orange coolant which is for all cars. They flushed my system and put in the orange. It drove fine for about little more than a week. Now it's acting like it doesn't want to drive. Stopped it before overheating. Do you think it's the coolant???
KuroNekko

Hi and welcome.
Female or male, using the correct stuff is a good idea.
As for the coolant type, the Super Blue is recommended but not absolutely necessary. Basically, the blue coolant is a newer kind of coolant primarily used by Asian automakers (Suzuki included) that extends the life of the coolant. The factory fill is good for 90,000 miles and changes with the blue coolant are every 45,000 thereafter. The owner's manual states you can use the conventional green coolant but change it every 30,000 miles. The orange stuff is similar to the green in that it's applicable to most cars, I believe.

As for your issues, what was wrong with it before that needed repair and what's wrong with it now? Is it actually overheating and you see the coolant temperature gauge go up towards the red zone?
The details are too vague to determine what the problem is but the type of coolant used is not likely the cause of problems. I suspect it's whatever they "fixed" didn't hold up. If the matter is indeed related to the cooling system, it could be a number of factors such as the cooling system was not properly purged of air bubbles and/or the radiator cap was not properly reinstalled. I don't think the issue is because of the type of coolant used.
I'd take the car back and have the mechanics resolve the matter.
Also, if you really want to use the Super Blue coolant, I suggest you buy 2 gallons yourself and take it to the mechanic for them to use in your car. 2 gallons is enough for the entire cooling system if you get the pre-mixed 50/50 coolant. These are readily available in most auto parts stores. I personally used Pentosin Blue 50/50 pre-mix in my Kizashi when I changed the coolant a few months ago. No issues since the new coolant went in.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Welcome KizashiLtBlue11 !

Very unlikely that the color of the coolant is causing any problems. It's possible that your current problem has nothing to do with the recent work you had done, just a coincidence.

We're going to need more detailed information in order to give you any help. "Now it's acting like it doesn't want to drive." doesn't really tell us anything.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency