Tire light flashing, but central display is not

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
CJTurner

old tech wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:05 am Shops have access to tools that can re-register that fairly easy for them. The tools are not completely necessary, it can be done without any tools and you could find that information by searching the site but I always use the tools it’s just so much easier for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, so register is same as program,
Hey, I really do appreciate your help.!
SamirD

Even genuine factory ones are cheap now--this one is just $35:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202821860898?e ... ondition=4

Your issue can also happen with genuine sensors as I've had issues on and off over the years. Just relearn them a few times and eventually it 'sticks'.

I would try re-learning with your existing sensor before replacing the one you have. It's more than likely a relearn issue vs a sensor one imo.
CJTurner

The twists and turns have continued, I've been without the car for a total of 5 days, and a total of four different sets of TPMS sensors have gone into the car including OEM Continental/VDO ones,

The general consensus at the moment is that it's not a sensor or programming issue, it's the keyless start/tpms receiver.

One of the strange things that's happening is that it will go through the flashing sequence whenever I'm driving and say that none of the sensors are connecting but if I sit in a parking spot for more than 15 minutes all of the sensors are connected.

The moment I shut the car off start driving again none are connected again.

The car is going to one of the only two service centers that still do Suzuki recall and warranty work in the state. (Port City Nissan, Portsmouth NH)

The good news is the previous shop did give me a refund, even though they put in 8 plus hours trying to figure this out.
SamirD

The sensors are only triggered by 3 different events--driving, a triggering tool, or an abrupt change in tire pressure. So they can't be triggered by sitting still in a parking lot.

I still think it is the wrong sensors. Good to hear you got a refund.
old tech

The tire pressure monitor sensors that I steered you into, worked for me but yet I only had purchased one set of four which I used two of them on separate cars and they worked fine. I’m thinking that they may in question right now. The proper replacement through continental would be SE10001HP. Found separately they are kind of expensive comparatively. There is however on eBay someone selling a set and if you buy four it’s just under $100 for all four. I’ll include a picture of that listing. Image
The easiest way for me to figure out where your problem lies or eliminate is to try somebody else’s four tires that are working fine. Register into your car and take it for a ride although I imagine that where you are that’s not common enough to find. With the Kizashi it’s always a problem of these listings of what is compatible and what isn’t. So much of this stuff is Chinese copies that they have a brand on them even but not be genuine. I knew these weren’t genuine but they had the part number and I figured they at least done their homework and they worked great for me at first anyway. I’m sorry if I steered you wrong. I have purchased three more sets of these to keep in stock and I am interested in trying them out and making sure that they work too. I’ll post my findings here on this thread. I do agree with SamirD the sensors still are more likely to blame . It sounds like your car is acting normal . It drops sensor readings with key cycle.

SamirD

old tech wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 pmSo much of this stuff is Chinese copies that they have a brand on them even but not be genuine. I knew these weren’t genuine but they had the part number and I figured they at least done their homework and they worked great for me at first anyway.
I think you may have hit the mark with this--if they aren't genuine Suzuki/VDO/Continental then all bets are off because 'bait and switch' is used on these type of products as soon as there's enough ratings to fool purchasers. And the situation does sound like some defective sensors since they are doing just the opposite of what they should--which is very easy to occur if in manufacturing something was installed backwards.

Great to hear that your guess is the same as mine as the root cause. 8-) While I have had an in-depth amount of experience with the TPMS system, I've had nowhere near the amount of man hours with it as you have so I would expect you know the system much, much better than I do.
old tech

Well I received my 3 sets of these copy sensors and registered two of them and no problem until you drive 2 miles and the tire light started flashing twice every 2 seconds. They report temp and pressure perfectly but must be missing an internal marker the looking car is for on some of these. The first ones I used worked fine. Stick with the VDO redi sensor SE10001.
SamirD

old tech wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:05 am Well I received my 3 sets of these copy sensors and registered two of them and no problem until you drive 2 miles and the tire light started flashing twice every 2 seconds. They report temp and pressure perfectly but must be missing an internal marker the looking car is for on some of these. The first ones I used worked fine. Stick with the VDO redi sensor SE10001.
Interesting. For what it's worth, I've had my stock Suzuki sensors not hold programming and require programming again a few times when the set of tires were changed from summer/winter. I wonder if those other sensors would take programming after another programming.

Your first sensor still working does smell a lot like 'bait and switch' though on the subsequent sensor purchases. :(
CJTurner

old tech wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 pm The tire pressure monitor sensors that I steered you into, worked for me but yet I only had purchased one set of four which I used two of them on separate cars and they worked fine. I’m thinking that they may in question right now. The proper replacement through continental would be SE10001HP. Found separately they are kind of expensive comparatively. There is however on eBay someone selling a set and if you buy four it’s just under $100 for all four. I’ll include a picture of that listing. Image
The easiest way for me to figure out where your problem lies or eliminate is to try somebody else’s four tires that are working fine. Register into your car and take it for a ride although I imagine that where you are that’s not common enough to find. With the Kizashi it’s always a problem of these listings of what is compatible and what isn’t. So much of this stuff is Chinese copies that they have a brand on them even but not be genuine. I knew these weren’t genuine but they had the part number and I figured they at least done their homework and they worked great for me at first anyway. I’m sorry if I steered you wrong. I have purchased three more sets of these to keep in stock and I am interested in trying them out and making sure that they work too. I’ll post my findings here on this thread. I do agree with SamirD the sensors still are more likely to blame . It sounds like your car is acting normal . It drops sensor readings with key cycle.

So here's update number 6 thousand.
It's at A dealership, the tech is a former Suzuki tech, from when that dealership Was Suzuki..
They also believe it is the Keyless start/ TPMS module.
I'll let you all know the final result next week... Hopefully.
old tech

It sounds like you’re in good hands. I do think that what is needed to be tried is four original sensors and the easiest way to do that would be to borrow four wheels off of another working car. That way, no expense is put out there unnecessarily. I wish you were closer I would love to help you get that solved. I just wanted to save you from the grief. All the man hours I’ve lost over tpms systems . A system that started out with good intentions but yet has only fed the big business with sensors and equipment purchases that. just don’t play nice together. For what it’s worth my money is on the sensors are your problem . The control unit has been intentionally programmed to reject all other brand sensors than original VDO sensors to line the pockets of VDO. If safety was the main goal, these sensors would be able to adapt themselves and all sensors would agree with any system. Most importantly, the system would indicate on the dash what your actual tire pressures were and which tire was low but of course none of this is there and special tools are usually needed.