Tire light flashing, but central display is not

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
CJTurner

So this is strange, whenever we have a low tire pressure or TPMS issue of course the whole dashboard lights up, the central display being most prominent.
I had this issue last week my TPMS sensors that were 10 years old need to be replaced.

But now there is still one light flashing intermittently, the low tire pressure symbol that's on the right side of the speedometer. Flashing at uneven intervals. The shop had no idea why, they reprogrammed the tpms 3 times, same effect. (It was doing this when my old ones went bad as well)

Has anyone else seen this?Image[/img]
Last edited by CJTurner on Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WESHOOT2

Air in the spare?

Bump 'em all up to 40PSI and see if that helps?
CJTurner

Checked the spare as well, but didn't think to change the sensor in it.

UPDATE, 35 miles, and an hour later, the flashing light went out.
Untill I started driving again.
🤷🏻‍♂️ This car man.
Last edited by CJTurner on Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
old tech

CJTurner wrote:Checked the spare as well, but didn't think to change the sensor in it.

UPDATE, 35 miles, and an hour later, the flashing light went out. Image This car man.
The problem I think you are having is they have used a brand that is not compatible. They work in all other respects but make the light still count the unfinished in reregistration. You need to use continental / vdo brand sensors . Look at cheap fix 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

I'm almost certain the spare donut tire does not have a TPMS sensor. It even requires about 60 PSI, if I recall correctly and is only intended for emergency use. No point with a TPMS sensor in there.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
CJTurner

old tech wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:25 pm
CJTurner wrote:Checked the spare as well, but didn't think to change the sensor in it.

UPDATE, 35 miles, and an hour later, the flashing light went out. Image This car man.
The problem I think you are having is they have used a brand that is not compatible. They work in all other respects but make the light still count the unfinished in reregistration. You need to use continental / vdo brand sensors . Look at cheap fix 15

Thank you very much, I was worried about that.
I'll address it.
CJTurner

old tech wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Hey Old Tech, someone had posted a picture of those TPMS for very cheap somewhere, maybe ebay, but cant find again, have you seen it? Thanks
old tech

just punch into ebay 43130-57L00. These will work perfect. You must register them.
CJTurner

old tech wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:12 am just punch into ebay 43130-57L00. These will work perfect. You must register them.
Just ordered them,

Is the registration done by the shop with the scan tool?
Excuse my ignorance.
I've read so many threads today
old tech

Shops have access to tools that can re-register that fairly easy for them. The tools are not completely necessary, it can be done without any tools and you could find that information by searching the site but I always use the tools it’s just so much easier for me.