Trading in or selling my Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
moojin

Dear Kizashi Club Members,

My 2011 Suzuki Kizashi (AWD, CVT) just hit 125,000 miles, but last night, my exhaust developed issues that will cost $3,000 and months (to order the parts) to resolve. It is time to say farewell to my Kizashi. I will trade it in with my next car purchase (who knows where it will end up) or am open to offers for it. If you are in driving distance of Cleveland, OH and are interested at taking a look at it purchase the entire vehicle, please reach out to me at moojin @ gmail.com. I plan to purchase my new car soon, potentially within in the next week, as I don't want to disturb my neighbors with my loud car.

The car does have some body damage to rear right wheel well. (Dented slightly) I can give you the paint to repaint it. I bought the paint, just didn't get around to fixing it.

Best Regards,

Andrew
Woodie

I'd get a second opinion on that exhaust problem. I can't imagine anything to do with the exhaust that would cost more than $1,000.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

i can repair any problem that you are having on that exhaust for no more than a tenth of that. However, if nothing has been done with transmission, and you wanted somthing new, it maybe time to exit. Im interested either way. ill email you.
moojin

Thank you for recommending a second opinion. I found a place near my home that will fix it for less than $500.

I am still looking for a graceful exit to my Kizashi journey.

Here are some photographs of the car. I took the exterior photographs about a month ago. I took the interior photographs a few minutes ago (sorry about the lighting).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

My Suzuki Kizashi is a 2011 SE AWD CVT with less than 126,000 miles and is located on the southeast side of Cleveland, Ohio.

I am the original owner. I have both key fobs. I have not had any issues with the CVT. I didn't really beat on the car as I preferred to just get up to speed and set cruise control, even on local roads.

I have placed a deposit on another car that will arrive in January. I am trying to sell this car back into this community and I will also try the facebook group.

Please let me know if you are interested in learning more. Please email me at moojin @ gmail . com .
KlutzNinja

Wow, 10-11 years and 125k+ miles; that’s quite a lot of time and distance covered. While it’s a shame your journey’s end is in sight, I hope you’ve enjoyed having such a unique and underrated car.
Just curious, but what’s replacing the Kizashi?
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
moojin

I placed a deposit on a 2022 Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid (SEL Convenience). I do really like my Kizashi and having a unique car. It has served me well.
moojin

As for the price... It is negotiable. $5,000. This is what the Kelley Blue Book says it is worth in a private party sale. Used car prices are rising as much as new car prices. If you are interested, but not at $5,000. Let me know. I'll keep it in mind. I'm looking to sell by 1/6/2021. I will also try to go to CarMax and We Buy Any Car USA. I really do want to sell it back into the Kizashi community instead of a random place/person. If you can find me proof of a transaction of a comparable (non-Suzuki) AWD sedan that is a lower price, that will help out. It is very difficult to tell what the Kizashi is worth these days. Email me at moojin @ gmail . com if you want to send me an offer / negotiate. The car is located in SE Cuyahoga County (Cleveland), Ohio.

If you know of any recent transactions involving the same model car, please let me know the details on how much it went for.
moojin

Is $5,000.00 to high an asking price even though Kelley Blue Book estimates it as that price for a private party sale? Any thoughts?
old tech

moojin wrote:Is $5,000.00 to high an asking price even though Kelley Blue Book estimates it as that price for a private party sale? Any thoughts?
I try to stay away from these kind of questions because you’re always at risk of offending someone. I’ll give you an example of a car currently for sale here in my area. 2010 Kizashi SE Awd 145k miles. It has one of my rebuilt transmissions in it and has new brakes, tires are good and car would pass a PA inspection but it does have a little bit of rust showing on the right rear wheel opening area. This car is being sold with a year warranty on it and is priced at $4800. On your car there is body damage that you would have to make an adjust for in the amount of $500 . Your transmission is already in the mileage that most give up. If transmission was opened up before symptoms started happening it might be able to be refreshed for $1000 but if damage has set in, the repair price tops out here at $1900. In my opinion. The $5000 figure may be achievable if all concerns on the car would be brought up to a very nice condition and no rust. If you are selling as is , I think you need to give a good bit off that . I think even with the current pandemic with the price of a good functioning car skyrocketing, the most you would see out of this car would be $3500. I don’t think the car really owes you more than that and anything over $2500 is fair. This is my opinion. Different areas command different values. The pandemic has certainly worked towards your advantage I will say. If your cars transmission would have broken pre-pandemic it would’ve only brought $900 now the same car would bring double that.
moojin

Thank you for your insights. Always appreciated.

Btw, I did get my exhaust repaired for $432.00. Thank you to all of you who encouraged me to get a second opinion.

I'm still on the path to selling it.