Metal in oil

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Jacob1234

Was wondering if I can put new bearings in from the bottom anyone try this I just wanna try to get my engine to last a bit longer it still runs great but I know with that much metal in the oil it's just a matter of time
Woodie

Welcome Jacob1234 !

Never heard of anyone having bottom end problems with a J engine. Unless you have specific reason to be concerned about your bearings use synthetic, change it every 5,000 miles, and carry on with life.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Jacob1234

I changed the oil the other day and there were alot of metal shavings in the oil.
KuroNekko

Jacob1234 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:57 pm I changed the oil the other day and there were alot of metal shavings in the oil.
Can you tell us a little more about the history of the vehicle like how long you've had it, previous owners, type of motor oil used, oil change interval, oil filter used, etc.?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Jacob1234

I just got it a couple weeks ago it has high miles it does run good right now but like I said I just did a oil change on the car and there were alot of metal shavings in the oil.i just don't know what to do I don't have the money to rebuild or replace the engine
KlutzNinja

Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news, but if you have a CVT-equipped model, the engine may not be your only concern. The CVT is notorious for giving out at higher mileages (around 120k miles and beyond). Might be wise to check the CVT fluid dipstick under the hood and see how dirty or clean it is; maybe the fluid has been changed at some point, but considering how the engine oil was seemingly neglected before you got the car, I wouldn’t bet on it.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
Jacob1234

Yes when I got the car I was worried about the trans it does seem fine I checked the fluid it looks ok I was planning on changing the fluid but after finding the metal in the motor oil I just don't know weather to put anymore money into the car the car has 211000 miles so I got it cheap it does run good shifts smooth engine is very smooth running.but now I'm stuck and don't know what to do with the car
old tech

I would like to know if your engine is making noise. It would be next to impossible for there to be metal shavings without noise. I was curious about this because I’ve had some people view the stream while draining oil and mistake aeration and/or moisture for metal. Best to take a sample on a paper towel to view. Also with the car having 211,000 miles on it I think your transmission probably has been replaced before. These generally lasts between 120 130 thousand but there’s always exceptions to that rule. I saw one that had over 200 still have the original transmission without any work done to it but it’s rare . On 2010 and 11 there is a vin tag at left axle plug in area that you can see if you turn the car to full lock right. See if that vin tag matches one on B pillar. The best way to get an idea on trans condition is by draining and lowering trans pan , snap a picture of debris on pan floor and on filter screen and post here for me to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jacob1234

The engine is not making any noice sounds very good and runs very well.when I did the oil change it definitely was metal next time I change it I will take pictures and when I get a chance I will look for that vin tag.also I don't drive to much I put maybe 70 to 80 miles a week on the car 90 percent highway