Audio system

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Klaa$vaaK

Hello Kizashiclub members,

I have a few questions about the audio system in my Kizashi. I have a European version with standard speakers.

1) Does the european version have a amplifier?
2) How is the center speaker connected to the radio or amplifier? Or is it connected to the front door speakers and then to the radio or amplifier?
3) The standard rockford fosgate amplifier is a 8 Channel amplifier?
4) My plan is to upgrade to aftermarket speakers, but what kind of amplifier do I need for those 8 (actually 10, because the rear are two way) speakers?

Thank you in advance

Regards,
Klaasvaak
Drem

1&2) The center speaker would have to be it's own channel or you wouldn't have stereo L/R separation on the other channels. I'm not sure what size it is or what it looks like, but if you go to Crutchfield I'm sure their website could tell you everything you need to know about speaker size and how to access them. Same for the amp.

3) it might be 6 channel. Depends if the mid and tweeter in the door are wired separate or together. I never checked.

4) you can probably get by with 6 channels if you wanted to preserve the center channel speaker. Your two way speakers can share the same channel with a passive crossover.

If you are going to upgrade the amplifier to anything more than 50w per channel I'd just run all new wiring and bypass the stock amp and wiring entirely. The stock speaker wire is an extremely small gauge; I didn't feel safe using it. Running new speaker wire through the front doors didn't require any drilling; there was just enough space in the harness.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver