Saying goodbye...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kizzy1

The time has come. I sold my beloved Kizashi this morning. I recently broke down and bought a new car. The Kizashi was still running great but I hav been more concerned each year due to it's age and "orphan" status. Without a doubt this is the best car I've ever owned in every way...comfort, driving fun, capability (thank you AWD!) and reliability. I thought it might take a while but the car sold in 2 days...an older guy (like me lol) bought it for his daughter. At 109k miles the car is still in great shape (except for the infernal TPMS light which I didn't fix). I have a feeling he looked at a lot of junk.brfore.he bought it. I guess this ends my journey on this forum. I want to wish you all the best and hope these wonderful machines live on well into the future. All the best...
KuroNekko

Thanks for saying goodbye. I totally understand your reasons and have to admit, I often think about the next car as well. For me, I'm not too concerned about the long term for the Kizashi but more so that my needs and interests in vehicles have changed. The Kizashi still serves me well but an ideal vehicle for me now is a much different kind of car. My life and location now is quite different than where I was about 10 years ago when I bought the Kizashi.
What new car did you get to replace the Kizashi?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
kizzy1

Believe it or not...a Hyundai Venue. It is a small little rig but more than meets our needs ( only 2 of us typically). I had an occasion to drive one and was impressed. Despite it's size, it is quite roomy and airy...with just enough height to make it super easy to get in and out (my old bones and muscles appreciate that). It is quite peppy even with a meager 120 hp. The ride is smooth and quiet...we like it a lot. I did spring for the "limited" top-of-the-line model which adds the full "nanny suite" of safety technology (lane keep assist, forward collision warning, auto emergency braking, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, etc.), LED headlights, 3 level heated seats, upgraded upholstery, etc. I am now retired and don't drive much anymore (4-5,000 miles at most) and did not want to spend a lot of money on a vehicle. It is only fwd (AWD isn't available) but has a "snow mode" drive setting that supposedly works like a limited slip diff to direct power to the wheel with the most traction. It isn't as good , granted but that with a good set of winter tires should make be en
kizzy1

Oops...see what happens? Anyway, the little Venue will work just fine for us. Also, we plan to be out of the "great white north" for the worst of the winter from now on...can't take the cold anymore. Y'all take care...
bootymac

Sounds like the Venue is perfect for your needs. I'm a sucker for hatchbacks so the Venue had caught my eye, but I wish it was a little more upscale.

How much did you sell the Kizashi for?